Page 5 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

Bopkasen wrote:
Tadzio wrote:
2ukenkerl said:
"You have a simplistic way of looking at things! Let's just print up $330,000,000,000,000,000USD, and give everyone a billion dollars! VIOLA! EVERYONE will be a billionare and can just lay back and RELAX! After all, if things worked like you seem to think, THAT would make it PARADISE! You know, they DID do that in Germany once!"

Instead of being obsessed about artificial measurement units (like $$Dollars$$ and GOLD worship), units that are sometimes useful, sometimes not, to measure for real units of essential resources, why not count calories and essential nutrients for "subsistence living" as catergorically needy? With shortages in real resources, equitable distribution for maximum survival and health might work. Or another "count" game might make it PARADISE! You know, they DID that in Germany once! Patriotic "Science" determined that individuals can survive on 300 calories a day (they can't, but that ruins the Patriotic Show). Some of the details are in the book "Hitler's Willing Executioners". The book also explains "Aktion T 4", so if the relatives aren't there to help, they'll know how "Work Sets You Free" in the next program, if the non-disabling disabilities don't stop the individuals with the Aktion T 4 program.

2ukenkerl also said: "The rich aren't trying to keep you down."

Don't worry about the poor rich people. They either are in control or have left the continent. They are not trying to keep you down. They just don't want you in their way, and if you really try hard enough, you can make it past the risk of being the "jetsam" and maybe make it to the "flotsam" catergory, or decide to inconvenience the wealthy with justice. Ted Turner's old slogan was "Either lead, follow, or get out of the way" (Thomas Paine was talking about something else, well before the corrupted buzz in the mid-1970's of Miss Teenage America), but as any celeb can verify, followers require having security to maintain a safe distance.

Tadzio

The most silly point told was if every US population get 1 million dollar, it would be better off than getting into debt or bailing out. The problem is that they forgot to check the calculator. 400 millions people doesn't means it equal to $400 million dollars. It would takes $400,000,000,000,000 or over 400 trillions dollar which is more than 16 trillion dollars of US debt or whatever the current debt amount is.

Maybe you misread what I said. I said $330,000,000,000,000,000USD There are only about 330,000,000 people in the US. 330 quadrillion dollars IS enough to pay 330 million people each a billion dollars. Of course, there isn't that much money on the planet.

Quote:
US banks shouldn't have been bailout in the beginning. What they did in the past was reckless, their employees were encouraged to do something illegal on mortgage application, and the people that knew that they can't afford it went ahead and took a mortgage any way. There were different factors over why there was a credit meltdown or toxic asset.

We agree there. Frankly, the Sherman Antitrust act makes such corporations ILLEGAL! They should NOT have been "too big to fail". That act is over 100 years old.

Quote:
What also hurting the job markets is big corporation hiring more people outside America. I seen video on major channel trying to prove that outsourcing increase jobs but anybody who knows general math would knows that 1 - 4 doesn't equals to 3. Corporations will not be encourage to hire more US workers if they use outsource. Once you make a country, your primary (or majority) workforce then you are no longer tapping into your previous country as the main workforce. It's like a gas station. Everyone knows their gas station to pump there as long as the price is cheap enough. Once you hook on cheaper gasoline, you are more likely to argue more if they raise the price.

Just today I found a company advertising to basically get someone in the US to hire with a foreign company to provide services who knows where. Even an american working in america would cost america jobs!

Quote:
People are guilty when come to finances. I can be one of it after making a mistake. What is completely wrong is that businesses and banks get the bailout and get away from the reckless behavior. Executives were being paid too much to care. You don't give 1,000,000 and ask them to do a hard work at the job. It is actually like pouring too much sugar into the mixture. Like this, give me $20,000,000 with no string attach, I work and will quit the next year then sit at home knowing that I have enough money that I needs any way. Or this, how about having the NFL players work at a company? It is obvious that one face of an executive that asking for a raise to 30 million dollars could use some smacking.

Yeah, that always amazed me. If I could make a few million, I would be able to relax the rest of my life. If EVERYONE got a few million, I may need BILLIONS to retire!

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

2ukenkerl said:
"OH, units such as dollars don't matter? Then It is ok to pay you one billion billionths of a cent and you will be happy? GREAT! I'd be HAPPY to do that! MAYBE I can set up some special fund. Even THAT much money doesn't really pay costs. 8-( "

Is it true that $$Billionaires$$ make about $20.00 a heart beat, then they complain the minimum wage is too much???

If you need more magical money without limit, sell some more derivatives on derivatives. If the buyers display any concern, tell them about the insurance from Minimal-Surfaces, Inc. The minimals of infinitesimals that small are always spherical, the toughest bubble to pop. The big ones look like something else most familiar, and are prone to prohibited failure, much like splendor in the grass of a failing mushroom ring. I'll dump another OPEC, then go back to hiding behind Hadrian's Wall, farther from the much too wet Nile.

As I posted under being "Categorically Needy" long after preparing to watch over Brave Bankers in the job description of elicting incriminating evidence from recalcitrant bankers, before Satan's newts of deregulation crawled forth to spread the fires with exonerating snakes for the handling: "While the FDIC argued during administrative remedies that my disabilities, that qualified me for the SSI "favorable" decision from the SSA for benefits, disqualified me from being otherwise qualified for the FDIC job, the FDIC then argued in federal court that I couldn't provide a scintilla of evidence that I suffered from any handicapping impairment (by hindsight, maybe they didn't discriminate(?), they just wanted agents who would enjoy watching innumerable trillion dollar financial bubbles inflate everywhere without concern)."

After "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunshine", there's only going to be sufficient subsistence for only one out of every 40 merely mortal people despite the fickle numerical denominations put on the measurements of wealth. That makes Leonard Cohen's song "The Future" sound really happy and optimistic!! ! Remember the Greenspan Earth Movement for Ayn Rand's indifferent Atlas.

Tadzio

vilin66
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Oct 2011, 1:59 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
I'm not surprised this is happening, and just like Social Security, the Baby Boomers are probably to blame for this development.

Filings for SSI are at record numbers. Key applicants? Baby Boomers WHO CAN'T GET JOBS trying to qualify for SSI so they don't have to work but will get a check until Social Security and Medicare kicks in. These are people who are able to and were working, but now they want government to support them as they can't find jobs.

Disability was never intended for people doing this. These people think they are entitled to be state supported because nobody is hiring them (join the club...a lot of younger people who can work can't find jobs either), and they are willing to do whatever it takes to scam some money from the government rather than find a way to earn a buck and leave disability for those who legitimately cannot work or would NEVER be employed no matter how much they wanted to work.

I agree with this. Nowadays people are faking disabilties because they can't find jobs. These are people who were workaholics forever, but they gave up. It's only a matter of time before they do a massive overhaul of this. When you have illegal immigrants making tons of babies, gaming the system and never working a day in their lives and eating and living BETTER then people who WORK EVERYDAY, you KNOW something is wrong. Even legit americans. Who use disabilities as an excuse. This program should be targeted at people who are paralyze, elderly, or people that have amputated legs and arms. Everyone else should be given SOMETHING productive to do. The people defending the system are probably the ones who mooch and use their disability as an excuse not to have a life or a future. Yeah, maybe not now, but it will happen. Just because Obama doesn't do it, doesn't mean future presidents won't, or the government won't. People in my family are getting it too so before you attack me remember that. I've seen people who live off $700 a month, most of them are crazy women with 2-5 kids and drug addicts.

You almost sell your soul in return for it, because tax payers call you a leech and when people ask what you do for a living you are shell shocked to respond. It's designed so you will always be dependent on the government. People think "free money" which doesn't make them poor, but they are still poor in the grand scheme of things.

It doesn't matter what any of you who get it say. If you can work (wether or not you need to push yourself to the limit) but take the easy way out instead, you are making it harder for 1 other person out there who truly needs it, like I said, someone with no legs. I know a guy who's paralyzed that gets it, before that he was a state trooper.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

vilin66 wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
I'm not surprised this is happening, and just like Social Security, the Baby Boomers are probably to blame for this development.

Filings for SSI are at record numbers. Key applicants? Baby Boomers WHO CAN'T GET JOBS trying to qualify for SSI so they don't have to work but will get a check until Social Security and Medicare kicks in. These are people who are able to and were working, but now they want government to support them as they can't find jobs.

Disability was never intended for people doing this. These people think they are entitled to be state supported because nobody is hiring them (join the club...a lot of younger people who can work can't find jobs either), and they are willing to do whatever it takes to scam some money from the government rather than find a way to earn a buck and leave disability for those who legitimately cannot work or would NEVER be employed no matter how much they wanted to work.

I agree with this. Nowadays people are faking disabilities because they can't find jobs. These are people who were workaholics forever, but they gave up. It's only a matter of time before they do a massive overhaul of this. When you have illegal immigrants making tons of babies, gaming the system and never working a day in their lives and eating and living BETTER then people who WORK EVERYDAY, you KNOW something is wrong. Even legit americans. Who use disabilities as an excuse. This program should be targeted at people who are paralyze, elderly, or people that have amputated legs and arms. Everyone else should be given SOMETHING productive to do. The people defending the system are probably the ones who mooch and use their disability as an excuse not to have a life or a future. Yeah, maybe not now, but it will happen. Just because Obama doesn't do it, doesn't mean future presidents won't, or the government won't. People in my family are getting it too so before you attack me remember that. I've seen people who live off $700 a month, most of them are crazy women with 2-5 kids and drug addicts.

You almost sell your soul in return for it, because tax payers call you a leech and when people ask what you do for a living you are shell shocked to respond. It's designed so you will always be dependent on the government. People think "free money" which doesn't make them poor, but they are still poor in the grand scheme of things.

It doesn't matter what any of you who get it say. If you can work (wether or not you need to push yourself to the limit) but take the easy way out instead, you are making it harder for 1 other person out there who truly needs it, like I said, someone with no legs. I know a guy who's paralyzed that gets it, before that he was a state trooper.

Why not give these people jobs they can do then? You don't seem to realize that there aren't enough f*****g jobs to go around. Do you expect people to beg in the street? You do realize that is where a lot of disabled people will end up without things like SSI don't you? Do we have to live in such a barbaric and cruel society that we can't accommodate people just on principle as fellow human beings? If you don't like the idea of anyone not contributing, give them work they can do. Unfortunately even this will inconvenience certain people too much. They'd rather have disabled beggars lining the streets like you see in places like Mexico. I don't know what this world is coming too. People really need to pull their heads out of their ass.

vilin66
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

marshall wrote:
vilin66 wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

I agree with this. Nowadays people are faking disabilities because they can't find jobs. These are people who were workaholics forever, but they gave up. It's only a matter of time before they do a massive overhaul of this. When you have illegal immigrants making tons of babies, gaming the system and never working a day in their lives and eating and living BETTER then people who WORK EVERYDAY, you KNOW something is wrong. Even legit americans. Who use disabilities as an excuse. This program should be targeted at people who are paralyze, elderly, or people that have amputated legs and arms. Everyone else should be given SOMETHING productive to do. The people defending the system are probably the ones who mooch and use their disability as an excuse not to have a life or a future. Yeah, maybe not now, but it will happen. Just because Obama doesn't do it, doesn't mean future presidents won't, or the government won't. People in my family are getting it too so before you attack me remember that. I've seen people who live off $700 a month, most of them are crazy women with 2-5 kids and drug addicts.

Why not give these people jobs they can do then? You don't seem to realize that there aren't enough f***ing jobs to go around. Do you expect people to beg in the street? You do realize that is where a lot of disabled people will end up without things like SSI don't you? Do we have to live in such a barbaric and cruel society that we can't accommodate people just on principle as fellow human beings? If you don't like the idea of anyone not contributing, give them work they can do. Unfortunately even this will inconvenience certain people too much. They'd rather have disabled beggars lining the streets like you see in places like Mexico. I don't know what this world is coming too. People really need to pull their heads out of their ass.

Yes, they should have jobs they can do where they won't get discriminated. I'm not one-sided on this issue.