Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
There is definitely merit in being more courageous and proactive in talking to women, and more confident and valuing yourself.

But when it comes to the actual mind games, the "negs", the "hypnotising your date" and the manipulative speeches, such as "Boyfriend Destruction" which is to subtly degrade her partner and try and destroy her relationship, it all gets rather nasty.

Yeah - that gets disgusting real fast - I can only take those sites in small doses.

But for example - the "neg" principal suggests that excessive praise might be counter-productive, for example - so there's a little insight there that might be useful.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Grisha wrote:
the "neg" principal suggests that excessive praise might be counter-productive, for example - so there's a little insight there that might be useful.

That is true. Just don't go to the other extreme.

I only ever give praise or compliments when I feel sincerely moved to do so. I'm probably a bit mean with it really...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Moog wrote:
Grisha wrote:
the "neg" principal suggests that excessive praise might be counter-productive, for example - so there's a little insight there that might be useful.

That is true. Just don't go to the other extreme.

I only ever give praise or compliments when I feel sincerely moved to do so. I'm probably a bit mean with it really...

That sounds about right: genuine sincerity, not arse-kissing to try and win favor.

Any woman who would respond to "negging" definitely isn't my type anyway...

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:10 pm

Volume isnt in my nature either. But it's something I did to improve.

Another trick to improve is a vacation. The cliche about people (women) being more open to talk with strangers on vacation is absolutely true. That and their 24/7 nature really make for a social crucible. Book a trip or two to a warm destination and just practice on random women. The opening topic is always the same; the location.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

simon_says wrote:
Volume isnt in my nature either. But it's something I did to improve.

Another trick to improve is vacations. The cliche about people (women) being more open to talk with strangers on vacation is absolutely true. That and their 24/7 nature really make for a social crucible. Book a trip or two to a warm destination and just practice on random women. The opening topic is always the same; the location.

True! The last time I actually sat down with a woman and chatted was on vacation, I just saw her there in the hotel lobby bar and struck up a conversation - very unlike me, but there wasn't another American within 50 miles (as far as I knew) so for some reason it felt safe. Went to a strip club too!! :oops:

I think I need another vacation soon... :wink: