For any Sailor Moon fans out there...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

10 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

On September 13, Volume 1 of the newly-remastered manga series will be available. The manga will use the Japanese character names (for example, Tsukino Usagi instead of Serena, Chiba Mamoru instead of Darien, Chibi-Usa instead of Reeny, etc.). The story arcs will stay true to the original (like the fact that Zoicite is a man, not a woman, among other things), it will read right to left like other manga, and more. Also on Tuesday the 13th, for the first time the prequel manga to Sailor Moon, Codename: Sailor V, will be available in the U.S. You can preorder/buy the books from Amazon - just type in "sailor moon 2011". I might buy them since I was a huge Sailor Moon fan back in the day. Anyone else thinking of getting the new manga?

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 4:19 am

I am totally getting both volumes the day they come out! I had Barnes and Noble agree to call me as soon as they get copies. I've never read the Codename: Sailor V manga, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2011, 4:46 am

Thank you so much for posting about this I had no idea, Sailor moon was one of the first animes I watched so its special for me cant wait to see Haruka Tenou again :D
She's awesome lol rambling so thanks so much for letting people know your awesome!! :D

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

You're saying the original manga of Sailor Moon? By Naoko Takeuchi? Any idea when it might appear at Chapters Indigo (the main Canadian book store chain)?

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

Douglas_MacNeill wrote:
You're saying the original manga of Sailor Moon? By Naoko Takeuchi? Any idea when it might appear at Chapters Indigo (the main Canadian book store chain)?

I dont know when its out there but you can pre order it at amazon at a very reasonable price :)

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

I have seaon three of Salior Moon on dvd bought it at a Hickory Con in North Carolina that comes every year I love Salior Saturn :heart:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

I just got back from Barnes & Noble after claiming both books (I paid $23 for both of them). I'm so excited to have these books in my possession! I can't wait to start reading them.

[img][800:768]http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx256/Mathew_2010/manga001.jpg[/img]

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

15 Sep 2011, 1:45 am

Just received the two manga in the mail from Amazon this afternoon! I've starrted reading a bit of Codename: Sailor V Vol. 1. It's awesome. I'll begin reading Sailor Moon Vol. 1 as soon as I'm done reading this.

Kaizer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2011, 1:50 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
Just received the two manga in the mail from Amazon this afternoon! I've starrted reading a bit of Codename: Sailor V Vol. 1. It's awesome. I'll begin reading Sailor Moon Vol. 1 as soon as I'm done reading this.

lucky in the uk ive got to wait till october the twenty something for vol 1 an for sailvor v i should havve it some time next week lol

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

Kaizer wrote:
SyphonFilter wrote:

lucky in the uk ive got to wait till october the twenty something for vol 1 an for sailvor v i should havve it some time next week lol
Hope you like them. The manga makes major changes to the Sailor Moon story than what is shown in the anime. I read both of the manga the day I got them. Yes, they are that awesome.

andywarhol
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Sep 2011, 1:14 pm

I just got both books too! I am a huge Sailor Moon fan and have been since I was 10 :D