Whost else thinks cremation should be banned?

Page 9 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 2:46 am

i plan to donate my abdominal organs, then have a natural burial, no embalming in a biodegradable cover to be fertilizer.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 6:05 am

The original post is absurd.

His whole logic is 'cremation is gruesome to watch therefore it's satanic, therefore it should be banned'.

But if you took a time lapse movie of a body slowly decomposing in a grave it would be equally gruesome, and equally traumatizing to watch as a cremation. The only real difference between the two mortuary practices is the time rate at which the body gets dismantled. Either way the body gets dismantled. Ditto for organ donation. Any mortuary practice is gonna be gruesome to watch.

And the original post isnt even really about a philosophical question. Its really about the poster being psychologically scarred because some stupid grownup let him watch a video he shouldnt have seen when he was eight years old.

He needs to get treatment for ptsd, or whatever, and not waste his time pretending that his psychological issue is a philosophical issue.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 1:52 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The original post is absurd.

His whole logic is 'cremation is gruesome to watch therefore it's satanic, therefore it should be banned'.

But if you took a time lapse movie of a body slowly decomposing in a grave it would be equally gruesome, and equally traumatizing to watch as a cremation. The only real difference between the two mortuary practices is the time rate at which the body gets dismantled. Either way the body gets dismantled. Ditto for organ donation. Any mortuary practice is gonna be gruesome to watch.

And the original post isnt even really about a philosophical question. Its really about the poster being psychologically scarred because some stupid grownup let him watch a video he shouldnt have seen when he was eight years old.

He needs to get treatment for ptsd, or whatever, and not waste his time pretending that his psychological issue is a philosophical issue.

Well said.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2015, 11:30 pm

Not me. I would like my body to be cremated.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2015, 12:05 am

If someone got hit by a train, would you rather watch his loose guts slowly rotting or the whole body immortalized by the power of fire?

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

Cremation releases tons of greenhouse gases and carcinogens into the atmosphere.

A buried body will decompose and return to the Earth, as living creatures naturally do.

Personally I think cremation should be illegal, not on religious grounds, but because it's environmentally irresponsible.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 7:20 pm

Barchan wrote:
Cremation releases tons of greenhouse gases and carcinogens into the atmosphere.

A buried body will decompose and return to the Earth, as living creatures naturally do.

Personally I think cremation should be illegal, not on religious grounds, but because it's environmentally irresponsible.

As soon as they make burial as cheap as cremation, I'll consider it for when I pass on from this world.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2015, 7:26 pm

Barchan wrote:

Lightning sets forests on fire all over the world and combusts more biomass than cremation.

So is the Nature environmentally irresponsible?