Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

number2
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2011, 1:10 am

Now if your of age to buy booze you should be able to buy pot and hashish/oil no problem. That's a given.

I think drugs such as mushrooms, LSD, DMT and every other hallucinogen except for PCP because that drug is very toxic but the exception to PCP everything else that is non toxic should be legally sold in conveniences stores with warning labels so the user is as safe as possible when on a powerful mind opening trip and these labels should include things like DON'T DRIVE even though you might be too high to know how to drive. One other warning label should be is what to do if you feel to much anxiety while tripping out and the recommend dose for beginners. A convince store would make sense to me because where I live its perfectly legal to buy a hallucinogenic drug called salvia, mind you it lasts only five to ten minutes that's why I think its legal but it is an intense high, some don't even consider it a high some people say its just a trip but I think Salvia is both a high and a trip. Salvia has those warning labels already but I wish they were a tad bit more informative.

Now hard drugs such as cocaine, heroin,meth, crack should be only be administered in clinics where the user has to attend at least a one hour class on drug education a day before getting there next fix and they only get a certain amount not too much or they'll be causing too many problems and trust me a heroin user would sit in a drug class for his or her next high lol. Also I think the clinics should make the drugs half price of the street prices, that way you have a good chance of getting rid of the dealers. Obviously you have to be of age to buy any of these mind altering drugs.

This is the best system I could think of I could see there could be being some loopholes in this system but it looks like a solid system. If you guys could pin point a hole please let me know or if you have a better solution I'm all eyes for that post.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 1:42 am

Yeah like many other people I'm very curious about DMT.

In the end though it does sometimes seem like the only effective way to deal with people and drugs is through availability of information. By that I don't mean stupid PSAs saying your brain is an egg in a frying pan.

Just present the facts to people and say this is what you're dealing with. A lot like we do with smoking cigarettes. Sure a lot of people still light up but many have quit to.

But really one of the images that comes to mind is the mugshot of Willie Nelson arrested for possession of Pot. I'm mean c'mon Nelson can't have a joint in his tour bus? You're gonna put Willie in jail?

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 1:45 am

In either portugal or Spain all drugs are legal, instead of treating an addict like a criminal they treat them as a patient who needs help - not punishment. And it works.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2011, 1:52 am

@Video DMT is much more intense then LSD your basically in a dream like state on DMT you won't even remember 90 percent of the whole trip if your new to psychedelics I recommend shrooms then slowly work your way up to stronger psyche's.

@Phonic I'm not surprised that the place that the drugs are legal things are working out. I've done research in high school backing up that evidence.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 2:12 am

Yeah I've heard a lot about it and read Strassman's book The Spirit Molecule, but I myself actually haven't done any drugs. I don't know about finding the right Shrooms and no idea about getting anything like DMT.

number2
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2011, 2:21 am

VIDEODROME wrote:
Yeah I've heard a lot about it and read Strassman's book The Spirit Molecule, but I myself actually haven't done any drugs. I don't know about finding the right Shrooms and no idea about getting anything like DMT.

Stuff can be changeling to find actually I haven't had any personal experience with DMT or LSD becuase it was too hard for me to find but had some with shrooms.

On other news I'm pissed off that in my country there making stiffer drug laws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhaynB0 ... ture=feedu

I watched this video in outrage of the Canadian government Harper =/

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 4:08 am

I agree completely. Prohibition doesn't work, and just pushes drug culture underground. There wouldn't be a problem with crime if drugs were sold legally and by licenced shops etc. The only reason hemp is illegal is because big pharma, the timber industry, and other corporations don't want to lose money. Nobody should have the right to tell somebody what they can and cannot put in their bodies. If people are stupid enough to f**k themselves up on heroin, and overdose, thats their own faults. Plus, isn't that natural selection in action? (lol)

I am 420% for the legalisation of substances (geddit?) but 1000% the abuse and irresponsible use of such substances.

Its a goddamn plant! LEGALISE IT!

PS: Salvia, even though its legal, it isn't the nicest hallucinogen out there. It actually produces dysphoria, which is the opposite of euphoria. Its terrifying.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 4:30 am

For starters, just because something is a plant doesn't mean it's safe. For example, deadly nightshade. No one's going to line up for a plant that shoves a toxin in to you because that's stupid, so just because this particular toxin gives you a high you argue otherwise. Nearly every drug you have mentioned there just takes a lot of time to be dangerous, most of which, minus cannabis, cause all sorts of psychological and neurological problems.

Second, why would anyone be so silly to argue that absolutely terrible, brain-wrecking drugs as heroin and cocaine are somehow acceptable under any conditions whatsoever? This is absolutely absurd.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:10 am

massachusetts de criminalized marajuana.except for chrystal meth and lsd think all drugs shpuld be legal.has the war on drugs worked.i would perpose that pot could be purchased by anyone over 18 in any store and that private corportations could sell it.as far as heroin and cocaine i think that should only be purchased in special stores.and that only low grade doses can be bought in small bags to deduce overdoses

number2
Toucan
Toucan

24 Sep 2011, 9:59 am

@Scientistofsound Its good that see my view and agree with me, but I also forgot to mention for taking hard drugs its really something that would not be recommend there for
you have to register your self as a drug addict at the clinic like you would have to be registered as a sex offender but not that extreme there for it would be harder for the coke, heroin, meth addicts to get a good job so that way they can quit using. and yea I get why your saying 420 % lol I crack jokes about 420 all the time.

@Gedrene I never said the drugs are 100 percent safe. but its a fact that marijuana is psychically MUCH less harmful then alcohol and tobacco.
However its true that marijuana has its mental side effects and there for when it comes down to it marijuana is no more harmful then alcohol but there completely different things.

@Vermontsavant If the government legalizes a few drugs and not the others there would still be a market for those "illegal drugs" so the goal should be to get the drugs out of the gangs that way there's little to no drug violence. Meth I could understand why you might see it as threat to society because of all the damage that drug creates mentally and psychically the worst drug out there, but LSD come on, LSD is psychically very safe for human consumption it doesn't ruin your liver like alcohol does, Its near impossible to OD on LSD sure you can take too much and have a bad trip and think your going to die that's why in my first post I mentioned if LSD was legally sold they should have a list on do's and don't to be safe.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

number2 wrote:
@Scientistofsound Its good that see my view and agree with me, but I also forgot to mention for taking hard drugs its really something that would not be recommend there for
you have to register your self as a drug addict at the clinic like you would have to be registered as a sex offender but not that extreme there for it would be harder for the coke, heroin, meth addicts to get a good job so that way they can quit using.

@Gedrene I never said the drugs are 100 percent safe. but its a fact that marijuana is psychically MUCH less harmful then alcohol and tobacco.
However its true that marijuana has its mental side effects and there for when it comes down to it marijuana is no more harmful then alcohol but there completely different things.

@Vermontsavant If the government legalizes a few drugs and not the others there would still be a market for those "illegal drugs" so the goal should be to get the drugs out of the gangs that way there's little to no drug violence. Meth I could understand why you might see it as threat to society because of all the damage that drug creates mentally and psychically the worst drug out there, but LSD come on, LSD is psychically very safe for human consumption it doesn't ruin your liver like alcohol does, Its near impossible to OD on LSD sure you can take too much and have a bad trip and think your going to die that's why in my first post I mentioned if LSD was legally sold they should have a list on do's and don't to be safe.
thats the thing.criminals may be ignorant and uneducated,but not stupid.for instance they may risk imprisonment to avoid working a minimun wage job.but might work,a legit job for say $20 per hour.a addict cetainly would risk breaking the law to get high,but if they can get high legaly they may choose the legal inexpensive safe mild high over the expensive illegal high thats a bit more intense.this wouldnt put all street dealers out of business but i would reduce them by manyfold

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

the goverment could also use the revenue from legal drug sales to fight the remaining dealers left,not to mention fund more grug treatment

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 11:13 am

Well I am not sure if I support full legalization of all drugs......but I definatly think the drug policies need to be reformed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

Phonic wrote:
In either portugal or Spain all drugs are legal, instead of treating an addict like a criminal they treat them as a patient who needs help - not punishment. And it works.

I agree with treating addicts as people who need help and not crimminals. I mean of course if they are out causing harm to people and such then they should be penalized for those actions......but I don't feel someone is a crimminal simply because they have a drug problem.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 11:17 am

VIDEODROME wrote:

I think there are plants that have DMT in them, can't remember which ones though...I would have to look it up again.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 11:23 am

Gedrene wrote:
For starters, just because something is a plant doesn't mean it's safe. For example, deadly nightshade. No one's going to line up for a plant that shoves a toxin in to you because that's stupid, so just because this particular toxin gives you a high you argue otherwise. Nearly every drug you have mentioned there just takes a lot of time to be dangerous, most of which, minus cannabis, cause all sorts of psychological and neurological problems.

Second, why would anyone be so silly to argue that absolutely terrible, brain-wrecking drugs as heroin and cocaine are somehow acceptable under any conditions whatsoever? This is absolutely absurd.

Well what about all the other opiates they use medicinally....there must be arguments for using those drugs as prescription pain relievers. Herion is just another form of opium.....not defending it as a good drug for anyone to do, but there are pleanty of legal prescription drugs that are very simular.