Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 6:51 pm

When i am on this WP site my computer clicks by itself. Not sure how to describe it. It's like i'm click on something, but i'm not. Does this happen to other people here?

superfantastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 7:53 pm

Does it make a clicking sound or does it go to a link without you doing anything? I think the sound thing happened to me a few times, but I'm not sure it was here.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 9:56 pm

it clicks and my arrow flashs for a second and stops as if it was trying to click on a link.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 10:03 pm

Sure it's not the usual computer "processing" sounds...

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

krex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 3:03 pm

Yes...it makes the click sound when it clicks on the link and then does it again, once or twice..maybe trying to click to another link but popup blocker keeps it from doing so?Not to sure.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 4:04 pm

Sometimes I click on a link and it goes 'click' and it blinks but noting happens.

Sometimes my cursor passes a link and clicks by itself. :?

kc0eks
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2006, 6:55 pm

If im thinking of the same thing, then you just need to change the sound associated with windows explorer
In the sounds control panel, under windows explorer is a setting called "start navigation" I find this sound to be very annoying, so I get rid of it.

I notice yahoo mail seems to make this sound once and a while regardless of me doing anything. Try it out...cant hurt.

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 8:44 pm

I've heard this too, frequently with Internet Explorer...Mozilla doesn't do this. I.E. typically makes a clicking noise when the mouse it clicked, and a web page has been found. Further clicks occur I am thinking because I.E. is either re-directed to another site, or it's downloading off-site links, and every time it goes off-site for information, it clicks. I imagine this is when it downloads the ad's

alex
Developer
Developer

18 Sep 2006, 10:08 pm

any modern site that uses ajax will load things after the initial page has already loaded. This creates more interactive pages and also allows for elements to be downloaded after the page has completed loading. For instance, WrongPlanet loads the advertisements after the entire WrongPlanet content has finished loading which means that ads can never slow page load at all.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 9:36 am

Ok maybe that's what it is.

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 11:28 am

alot of webmail clients such as yahoo and aim mail do this too. each day when i sign onto either i hear about 5 to 8 clicks per visit from click of envelope to list of emails in box is seen.

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 9:51 am

Some of the ads steal the focus of your cursor, though. To me, that is really annoying. I'm not the greatest typist, so I often look at my keyboard and often I find the whole sentence I just typed doesn't exist, because my mouse got hijacked. If I have the sound off and can't hear the clicks, I don't notice it.

I think there is a way to prevent that in Windows, but I can't remember where it is. Mouse properties seems pretty vacant on mine. Maybe I had a different firmware once ... don't know.

Anyone got a suggestion?