Hmm... I'm not sure about my sexuality.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 9:23 am

Partly because I've never actually had sex, I'm not completely sure whether I fancy girls as well as boys. I DEFINITELY fancy boys, but at the same time, occasionally I see a girl and think "Wow, she's beautiful," in a fancying kind of way. I admit I can't look at Emma Watson or Angelina Jolie without thinking this.

Is it normal for bisexuals to fancy many members of one gender and only fancy a select few of the other gender?

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 11:49 am

Yes. Sexuality is far more fluid than most people think, anyways. Most people, no matter how they identify themselves, occasionally desire both sexes. They just never talk about it because sex in general is still an awkward subject. I go for the same sex most of the time, but am occasionally attracted to the opposite sex. I therefore tend to avoid terms like "gay" because I find it misleading.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Oct 2011, 5:40 pm

mightyzebra wrote:
Is it normal for bisexuals to fancy many members of one gender and only fancy a select few of the other gender?
I'd look at it this way:
I'm gay, but I don't fancy absolutely everything male wearing jeans because of that.
Straight people doubtless don't fancy every single specimen of the opposite sex either.
Therefore, I wouldn't expect bisexuals to fancy every specimen of either sex either.

As lotuspuppy said, it's fluid - even within one type preference.

Hikikamori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2011, 4:58 am

I'm kinda like you.

When I see a beautiful girl I can enjoy her beauty. I can think, she's sexy I can think, this would be a good woman to be my baby momma. This girl will impress the other men.

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:45 am

Cornflake wrote:
mightyzebra wrote:
I'd look at it this way:
I'm gay, but I don't fancy absolutely everything male wearing jeans because of that.
Straight people doubtless don't fancy every single specimen of the opposite sex either.
Therefore, I wouldn't expect bisexuals to fancy every specimen of either sex either.

As lotuspuppy said, it's fluid - even within one type preference.

OK, now you've put it that way it makes more sense. Thanks. :)

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough