Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

07 Nov 2011, 9:21 pm

I fretted and fretted about my glasses, because I picked them out while my eyes are dilated
but I love them

see...me with new glasses

Jojo

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2011, 9:22 pm

They look very nice. :)

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:41 pm

JoJo; you look marvelous. It's good to see you and isn't it great to like your new glasses? I've had it go either way, and I know the insecure feeling choosing glasses when you CAN'T SEE.

I do best when I have one of my adult daughters with me at the glasses store; alas, they both now live in the South. 8O

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 12:14 am

I love your glasses. :)

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

08 Nov 2011, 6:28 am

Thank you
Moutain Laurel, Cockney, Tropicalcows, I love them too

MountainLaurel, ya it is really unnerving to shell out 200 dollars for something that will be on your face for 2-3 years and you cant even see how it will look before buying.

My mom used to take my dad to buy glasses and he would pick out those nancy regan glasses which just looked bad on her. So she started taking me or my sister with her to get glasses, we keep her stylin'.

As for you, does any of your friends have a teen or 20 some daughter you can borrow to pick out glasses for you. One poster told me, after the fact, to take a picture of yourself with the camera phone with the prospective glasses on , then put your old glasses on to view the picture.

I dont really like this trend of the sharp rectangle glasses, even models dont look good in them.
What do you think? They just look to "mechanical" like a cyborg or something.

Jojo

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 12:45 am

I need new glasses. The last time I got them and sunglasses at 39dollarglasses.com and saved a bundle. I will probably get new frames in the same style as last time since I still like them. There is an inconvenience getting multi-focus lenses online. They need to know at what level the iris is in the frames and it varies frame style to frame style. I had to send the last pair back for new lenses with my eye level marked on the lenses (they did it for free), so going with the same style would simplify matters.

Quote:
I dont really like this trend of the sharp rectangle glasses, even models dont look good in them.
What do you think? They just look to "mechanical" like a cyborg or something.

Yes, I agree, but just today I saw a lady at work with them and they looked good on her. She has a heart shaped face. The lenses were fairly small and the frames rather thicker than usual. I was taken by how perfectly they work on her face.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Nov 2011, 1:09 am

:thumleft: