Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GreatSphinx
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2011, 12:42 am

I guess that's better than wishing I was dead. Seriously. I hate what is going on in my life right now. I am under an enormous amount of stress, and I do not know when it is going to end. The stress is getting worse. I am being stretched in every possible direction and it will not stop. I just want it to stop. I don't want any more stress. I don't want any more. I am reaching my breaking point. I have gone YEARS without doing any self harm and having suicidal thoughts. I am not there even now, but I am afraid I am going to hit that point. I don't want to be there again. I don't want to hit rock bottom. I cannot do that. I have kids that need me. But if this does not stop, I don't know how much longer I can cope.

I am finding myself wondering how it would feel to do something illegal (drugs) or to take more anxiety meds that I should (not to OD, but to make me relax). I already know that Alcohol will not help. It just makes me feel like total and utter crap. I have percocet and that will put me to sleep - for 4 hours and then I will not be able to get back to sleep. I have trazodone I could take, but there are two strikes against that one. 1: I have very weird vivid dreams while on it and 2: I wake up all groggy the next day. The fog does not clear for hours. I could take more than 2 Klonopin, but I don't know the OD level for it, and I don't want to risk it.

I just wish I could be knocked out so that I do not dream, I do not worry, I do not get physically ill and I do not have to solve the world's problems (it feels like I do). I do not want to snap. I have worked too hard to do that.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 3:18 am

GreatSphinx wrote:
I guess that's better than wishing I was dead. Seriously. I hate what is going on in my life right now. I am under an enormous amount of stress, and I do not know when it is going to end. The stress is getting worse. I am being stretched in every possible direction and it will not stop. I just want it to stop. I don't want any more stress. I don't want any more. I am reaching my breaking point. I have gone YEARS without doing any self harm and having suicidal thoughts. I am not there even now, but I am afraid I am going to hit that point. I don't want to be there again. I don't want to hit rock bottom. I cannot do that. I have kids that need me. But if this does not stop, I don't know how much longer I can cope.

I am finding myself wondering how it would feel to do something illegal (drugs) or to take more anxiety meds that I should (not to OD, but to make me relax). I already know that Alcohol will not help. It just makes me feel like total and utter crap. I have percocet and that will put me to sleep - for 4 hours and then I will not be able to get back to sleep. I have trazodone I could take, but there are two strikes against that one. 1: I have very weird vivid dreams while on it and 2: I wake up all groggy the next day. The fog does not clear for hours. I could take more than 2 Klonopin, but I don't know the OD level for it, and I don't want to risk it.

I just wish I could be knocked out so that I do not dream, I do not worry, I do not get physically ill and I do not have to solve the world's problems (it feels like I do). I do not want to snap. I have worked too hard to do that.

What is it that's stressing you exactly?

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2011, 3:32 am

Chronos wrote:
What is it that's stressing you exactly?

^This and are there stressful things / situations you could avoid for a while? I sometimes take on alot, doing several websites at once, writing a book as well as day to day chores and I get too stressed and upset and it's all just too much. In that instance I just kind of say screw it and stop doing everything and just completely zone out doing absolutely nothing until I feel able to cope again.

If it's your job stressing you, ask you doctor to sign you off for a few weeks, if it's school / college / uni again explain to them the situation and that your not coping and need time away.

GreatSphinx
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2011, 4:10 am

What's stressing me? :) In a nutshell making it as short as I can...

Custody battle over my kids
The potential of being evicted (but thankfully saved by a friend tonight with that)
Not receiving child support for a year, but finally court ordered from his paycheck (but I have to wait until it comes... probably the beginning of Dec and my landlord did not want to wait for it)
My kids coming to me in tears because they hate being with their step mom
Hearing them tell me how they are treated (My youngest is facing the mental games that I fought so hard to get my oldest (who I do have custody of) out of there because she was suicidal
The fear that if he does get the other two, their sister will never see them again, and neither will I
Trying to keep my 16 year old to not obsess over these stessses and let me handle them (she is hyperstressed herself)
Trying to get that same daughter in the school district she grew up in because she cannot play in band otherwise - band is her aspie obsession - trumpet actually)
Money
No sleep
No time
Trying to homeschool oldest daughter because she is not safe in the school district she is currently in PLUS they will not follow her IEP.
Trying to move (I hate this place)
Trying to protect my daughter from a dangerous neighbor (not getting into it here)
Having until the beginning of December to wirte two essays for a class that if I do not, my incomplete turns into an F.
As I try to research the above essays, I cannot comprehend what I am reading...
and I could go on

It is just a huge boatload of things that does not want to go away. Plus, my counseling records are open to the courts to read, so I really can't even vent to my counselor (not that I can anyway because he has cancelled the last months worth of apts)

But it is 4, so I am going to attempt to sleep.

GreatSphinx
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2011, 4:13 am

Az29 wrote:
If it's your job stressing you, ask you doctor to sign you off for a few weeks, if it's school / college / uni again explain to them the situation and that your not coping and need time away.

I almost forgot. The university would give me leeway, but they cannot. They already did in the form of an incomplete. The problem is that from the time the incomplete was assigned to now, the stress has been constant. I have not had a break, and when I do, I am either sick or trying to get done what I can't do during the week. Not completing the course by the time the semester ends (the beginning of Dec), the grade will turn into an F.

LjosalfrBlot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

I heard antipsychotics can induce a coma, but it would probably also kill you, so I wouldn't recommend it.

GreatSphinx
Toucan
Toucan

17 Nov 2011, 1:05 am

snapcap wrote:

Fair enough... let me reword.

I wish I could be in a state of unconsciousness that I was not aware of my surroundings and that I did not dream, think or anything, yet was not dead and had no ill effects on my body, life or lively hood (and would not effect my family in any way either). Basically forced relaxation that at the end I actually would be relaxed. I was going to say in place of being in a coma - being put under like surgery, but that does take a toll on the body. I want to experience nothing, yet emerge totally rested and exhilarated. Maybe that can't happen, but I can still wish it.

And for the record, I feel better tonight, although the majority of the stressors are still here - just one major stress has gone away... for now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 11:28 pm

I hope that things will get better for you in the near future.Image

dontslowmedown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

id love to be put in a coma. I think thats what i like about weed, it puts u in this state where you're not quite 100% conscious, without it i'd have killed myself 8-9 years ago, no doubt whatsoever.

The only problem is that drugs stop working, right now my tolerance is so high that i could smoke 10 x what people smoking it for 20 years could take. I dont smoke to get a little stoned, i smoke to monstered and its beginning to show, I've been losing my ability to get stoned and its horrible, i feel like im losing my only refuge. My 3 choices as far as i can see right now are death, some heavier drug like heroin or to actually sort my life out, the only problem with the last one being that i could sort it out but i can't take being alone for a second more.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:31 pm

Why, would you end up like...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhffuKpgVyM[/youtube]

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

That is EXACTLY how I felt when my mental health was at its worst, I could never kill myself or even want to die, it's a horrible thought. But all I wanted to do was to be unconsious or extremely mentally deficient so I did not have to worry anymore because my mind would not be sophisticated enough to do so.

I hope you stop feeling like that soon, it's not nice.

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

:(

I'm so glad you're much better now MONKEY. I'd hate to have seen you in such a poor state.

I've often felt like I've wanted to be mentally ret*d so I wouldn't care too. It may sound as if I want to avoid all responsibility, but I've often wondered what it would be like for me to have Down's Syndrome or William's or something, and not have to have the stress of having to work or anything. Irrisponsible I know, but I have been quite desperate.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

GreatSphinx
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2011, 12:57 am

Tequila wrote:
Why, would you end up like...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhffuKpgVyM[/youtube]

You know, BBC always makes the best shows. :) The US has really fallen short with the network shows, IMESHO.

As for the coma comment, I still feel like that, mostly when I am at the end of my rope, which has been very short lately.

The dr gave me a muscle relaxer to help with the migraines and hopefully help me sleep. Here's hoping the side effects are low or non-existent. I don't like feeling like this either, but it is what is it and as someone said to me today, soon it will be a thing of the past. I am going to have to remember that one.

As for now, I am sleepy. Let's hope I will actually sleep. :)

aja675
Toucan
Toucan

10 Nov 2016, 5:58 am

I really wish that I were comatose from 13-19 and that I only woke up on my 20th birthday.

theclash123
Raven
Raven

15 Nov 2016, 6:09 am

GreatSphinx wrote:

Have you ever considered depression medication or shock therapy? Shock therapy was the only thing that took my depression away. And it's far less barbaric than it was in the past. The main bad side effect is issues with your memory, for example it's had a kind of bad effect on my short term memory, and I've lost some long term ones. But I'd rather have memory problems than feeling horrible all the time.