Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 11:55 am

Very bad. My family has a high tolerance for not showering, so my family doesn't even have a decent shower.I probably wash it every half a month or so, because it's unbearable.Things get better when i go to school, maybe once a week, more often in the summer

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 12:02 pm

Everyday - simply because if its not part of my routine I will forget to do it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 12:06 pm

My dear old dad used to say that too many baths weakens the spine

Seriously I don't know where he gathered this nonsense from.

I used to have to go to friends houses for showers and baths so it was whenever I could back then

These days I can have one every day if I like and I usually do do. Although this week I've been enjoying having a bath. Just hope my spine can take it.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 12:09 pm

every day, and I wash my long thick hair once a week

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 3:02 pm

I don't shower, I take a bath. Why do a job standing up if it can be done lying down? Seriously, I've never lived anywhere in the UK that had a shower, and when I've tried them elsewhere, it's always felt inferior to a bath. It probably gets you cleaner than a bath, but it just doesn't feel as good. I guess having grown up without showers, I feel they're just something that other people do, and they're not part of my routine. Showers also spray water about much more than baths, so there's a greater risk of the bathroom going mouldy if it's not in good condition and well-ventilated, and keeping it that way costs time and money.

As for how often, it depends how fast I get dirty and to some extent whether or not I'm likely to be near people. I wash the individual bits that are prone to getting smelly, which reduces the number of necessary baths. I also hate getting hot, and go to great lengths to avoid it, so I don't sweat much. That also reduces the number of necessary baths. I don't have much against having baths, but for some reason I always feel reluctant about them until I'm actually in the tub, and then I find them relaxing. I don't like going out on a cold day after taking a bath. Sometimes I take a bath to help ease neck or back pain.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 3:07 pm

Yeah you can't whack a bath.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 3:14 pm

I don't really consider them the same thing.

I take a shower to get clean.

When i take a bath i like to make it so hot i can barely stand to sit in it. Then i stay there for an hour at least. When I get out I'm still sweating so I'm not clean.

I don't know if it weakens the spine but it probably isn't healthy to get that hot.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 3:23 pm

^
Well, it's possible to wait till you've cooled down enough to stop sweating and then wipe it off with towels. Clean sweat doesn't stink unless bacteria get involved. I've never noticed a problem with sweat during the time after I've had a bath. The hot bath is a good idea - it's like a sauna, you sweat while you're in the water which maybe cleans out the pores. Showers do theoretically get you cleaner than a bath where you're kind of wallowing about in your own dirt, but I don't believe the difference is big enough to matter. I certainly feel clean after a bath.