Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Crosser
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2006, 10:58 pm

Well, you see in my first school I was one of the least popular people there, and pretty much unliked by most people. It was in my next school that people started to like me though, and slowly it seemed like my behavior was changing. Though at the begining of this school I wore a emotional mask so no one would just judge me like in my previous school. Though it was here I took it off and just acted like myself in public, everyone accepted me for some reason. Not really sure why though. But this year, I went to a school where almost none of my friends have gone. Those who did go seem to have. . . grown apart from me. So, I tryed being normal but people just seemed to ignore me this time around, and treated me like I was contagious just cause I was. . . I don't know, they just didn't really seem to find me appealing vision wise, my personality, I really have no idea. I tried to be nice but a majority weren't seeming to take intrest in me in that way and some even use vulgar comenttary which never happened at my old school. I wore my mask, or at least tried to. But recently. . . I could feel it breaking and it was at that time, where I felt exposed the most. I normally just get lost in a book to get rid of these feelings, but my attention wanders towards the much more sociable students this year then my last school. It's kinda. . . a bummer that I can't seem to understand them for some reason. I've just recently decided to just be myself completely without hiding the truth. People seem to be abit more hesitant to be mean to me, but more people are just staring at me, like I've grown a second head. I just feel ind of exposed I guess after resisting this behavior. I'm not sure if I should just continue like this, or continue to try and imitate them. Cause for some reason at this school, it seems to be getting harder and harder by the day.

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2006, 11:33 pm

What year are you in?

Crosser
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2006, 11:38 pm

9th, freshman in high school.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2006, 11:40 pm

That really sucks.I know it was a big change for me when I moved to a new school and made 2 friends in 5 and 6 grade.We did every thing together.The next year,they had both become cheerleaders over the summer and wanted nothing to do with me.I dont think it had anything to do with me.They were the ones who had changed and decided part of being popular was not associating with someone who was not popular.Thats just the game.Nothing you can do about it.I would suggest that you look around you for other people who might share some of your interests or are also more "loners".They tend to make better friends because they know they are "outside" the game.As far as the "mask" goes...if some one likes you only when your wearing it then they dont like "you",they like the mask...just logic.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Crosser
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2006, 11:42 pm

heh. . . thanks, I guess that makes sense. I'll give that a try.