Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 5:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
This might be a long shot, but - - Herbert West in Re-animator.
He's intellectually brilliant, but comes across as stiff, socially disconnected and arrogant. His hapless partner, Kane, described him as "cracked," like any genius.
And as many Aspies are Asexual, it should be recalled that he never showed the slightest interest in Kane's girlfriend and Dean Halsey's daughter, Megan.

dang :oops: i shoulda thought of that before.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 7:46 pm

Mayel wrote:
Since we already have 3 threads where this is mentioned briefly...the driver from Drive appears to be an introverted aspie.
He seems unknowing about social situations, he's very unexpressive (voice, body language, facial gestures..etc.), he's got someone who takes care of him like a guardian , he's got routines and rules(e.g. 5 minutes), he's very good to exceptional with everything related to cars, he doesn't seem to have a social life or friends (apart from his boss), he treats the kid differently than most would, when Standard was jealous of him he seemed as if he didn't understand it and Standard accepted him because of it as trustworthy, he doesn't converse normally with other people and he only seems comfortable and in touch with himself when driving, he had a jacket which seemed old and he took it off rarely, he often chews on a toothpick and finally: sometimes you get the impression that the movie was shot from his perspective, the camera focuses on certain things that are in the driver's view and doesn't pay attention to other things happening until he notices them (which must not mean anything at all but I thought it was intresting anyway).

YES! When I saw this movie last year I had that guy pegged as an aspie. I'll probably pick up that DVD to add to my collection.
The only movie that I've seen where the characters were specifically portrayed as having Asperger's was Mozart and The Whale. :thumleft:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 7:55 pm

Raptor wrote:
Mayel wrote:
Since we already have 3 threads where this is mentioned briefly...the driver from Drive appears to be an introverted aspie.
He seems unknowing about social situations, he's very unexpressive (voice, body language, facial gestures..etc.), he's got someone who takes care of him like a guardian , he's got routines and rules(e.g. 5 minutes), he's very good to exceptional with everything related to cars, he doesn't seem to have a social life or friends (apart from his boss), he treats the kid differently than most would, when Standard was jealous of him he seemed as if he didn't understand it and Standard accepted him because of it as trustworthy, he doesn't converse normally with other people and he only seems comfortable and in touch with himself when driving, he had a jacket which seemed old and he took it off rarely, he often chews on a toothpick and finally: sometimes you get the impression that the movie was shot from his perspective, the camera focuses on certain things that are in the driver's view and doesn't pay attention to other things happening until he notices them (which must not mean anything at all but I thought it was intresting anyway).

YES! When I saw this movie last year I had that guy pegged as an aspie. I'll probably pick up that DVD to add to my collection.
The only movie that I've seen where the characters were specifically portrayed as having Asperger's was Mozart and The Whale. :thumleft:

I own Drive, specifically because the Driver and his Aspie-ish traits really appealed to me.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2012, 3:00 pm

A bit of cheat as the char is from a show and not a movie, but Crona always struck me as being a possible aspie. If anyone else has seen Soul Eater maybe you can say something.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 2:06 am

I think Adam Sandler's character in Punch Drunk Love may be an Aspie

Mark Zuckerberg, or at least the portrayal of him, in the Social Network, seems very Aspie. Check out the scene with Eisenberg and Timberlake in the nightclub, and Zuckerberg is just staring at the lights, not engaging with anyone.

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jun 2012, 4:21 pm

This is a TV charecter, but it's been suspected that Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory has Aspergers...... along with many other neurotic issues such as OCD.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2012, 3:21 am

Roninninja wrote:
This is a TV charecter, but it's been suspected that Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory has Aspergers...... along with many other neurotic issues such as OCD.

Definitely. Sheldon screams Aspie to me.

Wolfman1983
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2012, 9:00 am

The main Character from RocketMan

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jun 2012, 8:39 pm

DanRaccoon wrote:

A bit of cheat as the char is from a show and not a movie, but Crona always struck me as being a possible aspie. If anyone else has seen Soul Eater maybe you can say something.

Oh my... O_O I've never seen that before! But (s)he kinda is.

I also think that Ash from Mr. Fantastic Fox is an Aspie.

Wolfman1983
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

Sarah Williams from Labyrinth maybe

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jun 2012, 11:06 pm

Wolfman1983 wrote:
Sarah Williams from Labyrinth maybe

Oh, I love Sarah Williams! :D

PangeLingua
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2012, 8:56 pm

Janet Frame in "An Angel at My Table." The real Janet Frame was most likely on the spectrum, and she certainly seemed that way in the movie. It was kind of like watching myself ...

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 2:01 am

Adam from the movie "Adam" has Asperger's, according to the summary at imdb.
..someone from "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" :) havn't seen it yet.
Malcolm from "Malcolm" supposedly has Aspergers, havn't seen it yet. :)
The twins from "Miracle Run" are autistic, not seen this either.
"The Sunshine Boy" is an islandic documentary about a mother and her autistic son.

I actually havn't seen any of these yet, but they are on my todo-list. :)

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 4:22 pm

After seeing Amazing Spider Man, I think that Peter Parker may have AS. He seems very focused on his tasks, seems a little "off" at times. Plus in a few scenes, he is wearing a Albert Eienstien tshirt.

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 5:21 pm

KenM wrote:
After seeing Amazing Spider Man, I think that Peter Parker may have AS. He seems very focused on his tasks, seems a little "off" at times. Plus in a few scenes, he is wearing a Albert Eienstien tshirt.

I second this.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2012, 11:47 pm

Roninninja wrote:

Definitely.