Going to the pub with my ex girlfriend who is now a man..

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2012, 6:56 am

Ok so my ex girlfriend is a ftm trans (not on testosterone yet) and last night we went to the pub together, it was the first time he had been out for a drink in public and told people he was a guy and It was crazy, he totally passed, and even people who knew him in high school were just like "so what should we call you now?" It was really fun to see the different way people treated him as a guy, because he was with me he got loads of dirty jealous looks from guys who fancy me, he had a man chat with my ex boyfriend about how we are just friends and did the whole firm manly handshake thing, and this one guy was going up to him for advice on how to get it together with me!
It was really lovely to see him looking all happy and fitting in so well, he seemed a lot for comfortable than he ever did going out places as a woman.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2012, 7:51 am

A somewhat related anecdote:

My wife has never really felt comfortable with being a girl. She has always considered herself more on the masculine side, is bisexual and prefers women, etc.

Anyhow, she recently went to a salon for the first time and got a haircut that looks a lot like David Tennant's as the 10th Doctor. It looks really good on her, too. Anyhow, after getting the haircut, she came home, looked in the mirror, and burst into tears. I was worried she was upset and told her I thought the haircut looked great.

She told me she wasn't upset, but that she was happy because she finally felt comfortable in her own skin. "I finally feel like me."

So I guess what I'm saying is: people aren't what their bodies say they are. It's always a good thing when someone finally feels at home with themselves.

Good on your ex.