Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 7:26 am

My doc put me on amoxicillin and methylprednisolone due to my sinuses being shut. After my first day on meds, I have a bad sinus headache. I get sudaphed pe, but feel dazed all day...

Sudafed takes care of the headache, but I got side effects all night from the methyl (tonight) . I took some sudafed pe to help - slept like a baby maybe 15 minutes and I am now WIDE awake. Called pharm and he said never take sudafed at night.... Its 5 am, I can't seem to hold down water nor sleep and I would have preferred a sinus infection over this.... lol

I hate medication.

Mithos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 7:30 am

Nim wrote:
My doc put me on amoxicillin and methylprednisolone due to my sinuses being shut. After my first day on meds, I have a bad sinus headache. I get sudaphed pe, but feel dazed all day...

Sudafed takes care of the headache, but I got side effects all night from the methyl (tonight) . I took some sudafed pe to help - slept like a baby maybe 15 minutes and I am now WIDE awake. Called pharm and he said never take sudafed at night.... Its 5 am, I can't seem to hold down water nor sleep and I would have preferred a sinus infection over this.... lol

I hate medication.
Damn broseph. I don't like medicine either.

Your Aspie score: 128 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 72 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

That's what the Internet is for, I google every bit of info I can on the meds my doctor proscribes me, before I take them.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 1:06 am

Titangeek wrote:
That's what the Internet is for, I google every bit of info I can on the meds my doctor proscribes me, before I take them.

Well, so far my side effects seem to not be the right side effects. The pharm was baffled from what I can tell and right now all my side effects have dissapeared. I wonder what all was going on? *shrugs* My body's a little strange as it is, I tend to notice nightmares after eating turkey, and when I had a 5 hour energy before it actually relaxed all my muscles and made me feel calm.

Perhaps others have odd reactions to things.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 1:08 am

Nim wrote:

I hate medication.

That is because Sudafed has stimulant effects.........always look up effects of drugs before you take them. At least that is my rule for myself.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 1:25 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
That is because Sudafed has stimulant effects.........always look up effects of drugs before you take them. At least that is my rule for myself.

I was surprised at the reaction. I've taken sudafed prior and never felt any different, I took this stuff which wasn't that different, but it is walphed pe which isnt over the counter. I think this is just turning out to be a really bad week. :lol:

I was out with some family tonight feeling mildly drunk (not quite all there, a little carefree) and quite anxious/upset. Something is messing me up pretty good.....

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 1:51 am

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 19 Apr 2012, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 2:17 am

The sudafed/walphed pe i got is marketed for sinus headaches and contains tylonel basically. Which is what it stopped in its tracks, a horrible sinus headache. Although my sinuses themselves arent bothering me. I've already stopped them and hoping my headache doesn't come back...

So far so good tho, if it was the walphed then it had effects for more than 12 hours. If it was the methylprednisolone then it was the double dose that was getting me. I am tapering off it now and took my last double dose 11 or 12 hours before my last issues.

I just hope its over. I'm depersonalized 99.9% of the time so having something further upset my consciousness was really getting to me. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed while awake for this reason recently. I didn't want to be in a daze, the pain was almost reassuring at least.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2012, 5:03 am

Update...

I now feel great with no side effects, breathing well, not tired, and very mentally happy.

Very strange if you ask me.

Tapering off the next few days I guess. I'm going to instruct my doctor to be more cautious of what he gives me in the future. I'm a little afraid to test if it was the sudafed I had issues with.