Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

I am obsessed with a guy

Its been 4 years now that i have met him

He was on facebook and did not add me. Though he used to like me, used to talk with me on phone and used to meet me outside our class.
we were friends...

i busted this friendship with my clingy behavior and too much of everything.....almost like being erotomaniac.

I cant get him out of my head..........does anyone else face such a problem
any advice

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 1:38 pm

I had a similar "crush" once, with someone completely inaccessible to me. I had to keep reminding myself that my "crush" was not interested in me, and likely never would be even if we were to ever meet. Eventually, I was able to carry on relatively 'normal' relationships with other women. Then I met a woman in person who became my new "crush" and who eventually became my wife.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2012, 2:21 pm

Yes, I do.
And after trying to delete my memories by deleting and avoiding everything that reminded me of him....I sensed that it didn't help.
It's been 5 years and now I think it's probably useless to try to forget. I have to accept that it was an experience, things happen, people come and go. And probably some experiences, some people are unique and won't repeat themselves ever.
If you've lost the connection once, no matter why,....and you can't reconnect. That's just the way it is.

So like the poster above said....maybe it'll go away the day you meet someone you'll obsess over as you did with him.

I lost my friendship because I don't know how to keep them. I am either too clingy or too distant....
I think in my head that I wish him all the best because he gave me something beautiful and knowing that this beauty exists though I may not reach it ever again, makes me look at the world with different eyes than before.
I compare my experience with him with others I had...and probably will do so in the future.
I don't have any advice other than accepting this as a fatalistic twist of time.

goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 4:10 pm

You've probably heard of Coral Castle?
http://coralcastle.com/

Ed Leedskalnin spent 28 years building a castle out of coral for his "Sweet 16". His intention was to live there with her, but it never happened.
That's obsession.

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

Last edited by goodwitchy on 07 Mar 2012, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 4:27 pm

My "obsession" wasn't a romantic interest, just someone I really looked up to and could be myself with. With some perspective, I can see what drew me to him and what I could learn from the experience. I regret losing touch with him, but it was my fault- I ran away.

goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
My "obsession" wasn't a romantic interest, just someone I really looked up to and could be myself with. With some perspective, I can see what drew me to him and what I could learn from the experience. I regret losing touch with him, but it was my fault- I ran away.

I think I can relate.

All of my people obsessions have been platonic except for my husband. I've obsessed over friends in the past.
I think I really just wanted to understand them better.

Edit to add: This may be normal, but I think people on the spectrum may be more severe.

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

Last edited by goodwitchy on 07 Mar 2012, 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

NTAndrew
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

I do it. Alot. It sucks.

I become fond of someone inaccessible. I fantasize, I obsess. It hurts to know I will never be with them. Some obsessions last a few weeks. One woman I think about nearly every day, and I haven't laid eyes on her in years. I occasionally get an email from her related to my work.

I just don't think I am capable of sustaining a relationship.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:03 am

Fnord wrote:
I had a similar "crush" once, with someone completely inaccessible to me. I had to keep reminding myself that my "crush" was not interested in me, and likely never would be even if we were to ever meet. Eventually, I was able to carry on relatively 'normal' relationships with other women. Then I met a woman in person who became my new "crush" and who eventually became my wife.

Actually i am married and was married when i met this guy and even he was married with 2 kids so he found my behaviour quite weird why i was so clingy about him etc.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:08 am

Mayel wrote:
Yes, I do.
And after trying to delete my memories by deleting and avoiding everything that reminded me of him....I sensed that it didn't help.
It's been 5 years and now I think it's probably useless to try to forget. I have to accept that it was an experience, things happen, people come and go. And probably some experiences, some people are unique and won't repeat themselves ever.
If you've lost the connection once, no matter why,....and you can't reconnect. That's just the way it is.

So like the poster above said....maybe it'll go away the day you meet someone you'll obsess over as you did with him.

I lost my friendship because I don't know how to keep them. I am either too clingy or too distant....
I think in my head that I wish him all the best because he gave me something beautiful and knowing that this beauty exists though I may not reach it ever again, makes me look at the world with different eyes than before.
I compare my experience with him with others I had...and probably will do so in the future.
I don't have any advice other than accepting this as a fatalistic twist of time.

I was not in it for sex...and he felt that we should have sex
He used to forward erotic mails to me and made comments like i would come to your house
but for what i should come??? so i said to read books etc
And he would say that he wasnt interested in books, he would come if there was something much better
He used to indirectly ask for sex

And at some point he felt that having sex would damage this relationship because he was already married
and for me i was not interested in sex i just liked his company, his smile and being in love with him

overall it was dead end i guess

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:20 am

goodwitchy wrote:
You've probably heard of Coral Castle?
http://coralcastle.com/

Ed Leedskalnin spent 28 years building a castle out of coral for his "Sweet 16". His intention was to live there with her, but it never happened.
That's obsession.

My God people do so much for obsession....but when you cant get hold of person you like you go mad and end up doing crazy things like this and I am sure i would also end up in some crazy endevour.

About Taj Mahal it was build primarily to cover up the Majestic Shiva temple which was below the Mughals did not want to break the temple they just wanted to disguise it with a Islamic structure and thats the reason they created the lavish Taj Mahal. Shahjahan had many wives why would he be obsessed with any woman he was a womaniser.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:22 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Its same with me because this guy used to think just like me, we used to speak out same things at same time...
we were so well co-ordinated and i feel hollow living in this world without him.
I dont have brother, sister, no parents, no friends either.........i could just connect with him and would love to be around him.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:23 am

I have been infatuated with 2 different girls. I still think they are amazing in pretty much everyway.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:27 am

goodwitchy wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:

Edit to add: This may be normal, but I think people on the spectrum may be more severe.

Even in my case its severe....i have done crazy things during obsession and its embarrassing to admit to any doctor
but my life as been mess due to my obsession, infatuation and unrequited one sided love.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:30 am

NTAndrew wrote:
I do it. Alot. It sucks.

I become fond of someone inaccessible. I fantasize, I obsess. It hurts to know I will never be with them. Some obsessions last a few weeks. One woman I think about nearly every day, and I haven't laid eyes on her in years. I occasionally get an email from her related to my work.

I just don't think I am capable of sustaining a relationship.

I cry often............many times tears drip around my eyes and my heart aches
as if i am suffering from broken heart syndrome

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:37 am

Alexender wrote:
I have been infatuated with 2 different girls. I still think they are amazing in pretty much everyway.

I have never been infatuated with 2 different people at one time.

if i lose one person then i keep thinking about that person till the time i get another person
But the moment i get another person i forget the past one.

My mind has experienced lot of pain, trauma and childhood abuse
Its like developing split personality...and in cases of people with multiple personalities
they split up inorder to not deal with whatever they have experienced.

Somehow my brain functions happily when I am in love and love brings me happiness it helps
me forget my pain
Even though most of the time the love is one sided and unrequited but when its there i have delusion
that person loves me and they need me....
But thats not the case most of the time that person only considers me a acquaintance.

without love and romance my brain finds it difficult to function normally and it goes into depression phases.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 1:40 am

I never said it was 2 people at the same time