Most annoying roomate things - 2006 edition

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2006, 9:58 pm

So for all of you who live with other people at school, what is it about them you can't stand the most.

For me, my roomate is a huge fan of the various more extreme form of metal music. I cannot for the life of me stand to listen that kind of music. Almost no melody to it at all, not to mention the fact I can't even understand the lyrics.

And he plays it 24/7.

Uhgg!

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2006, 10:49 pm

i'm not in college but i've had someone sleep in the same room as me and the one thing that annoys is the whistling snore.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Dewclaw
Raven
Raven

30 Oct 2006, 11:00 pm

When I went to college, my two roommates were lazy. We agreed to share the chores, and I offered to do the bathroom every week so they wouldn't have to. All they had to do was vacuum twice a week for a total of 5 minutes out of their life per week per person. They wouldn't vacuum, and when I became tired of this and told them I wasn't their mommy and wondered if I was expected to wipe their noses for them as well, they got mad at me. It wasn't a big deal for me to give 10 minutes per week to do it myself, but I had a real problem cleaning up after two grown men.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2006, 12:02 pm

My roommate won't talk to me.

briangwin33
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2006, 7:21 pm

gsilver wrote:
My roommate won't talk to me.

Um, isn't that a good thing?

tallfreak
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2006, 11:34 pm

When I was in college, my roommate did one thing that really annoyed me. He would use the same towel over and over to dry off after he showered. He would never wash the thing and it would end up stinking the bathroom. I would ask him to wash it and he would get insulted.

-Scott

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2006, 10:06 pm

As of right now, the only thing i can think of is her talking on her cell phone or the room phone and she talks really loud.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2006, 7:22 pm

my roomates let maggots grow in the kitchen.

enough said.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 Nov 2006, 7:28 pm

my apartment mates play video games 24/7 but the guy in the room next to me thinks its ok to put his "team speak" video game teleconfrence program on his big sound system so the walls shake whenever one of his WoW nerd friends says anythying.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2006, 9:29 pm

ooohprettycolors wrote:
my roomates let maggots grow in the kitchen.

enough said.

hmm...perhaps if they were kept in a jar. i don't find alot of things disgusting, though.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

02 Nov 2006, 9:46 pm

I never talked to my suitemate (we shared a bathroom). Later I found out he had told
someone he had a bad suitemate. For the simple reason I found it hard to talk to him.
The strange thing is we had a common friend that I could talk to. I think I never got
comfortable enough to talk to my suitemate. I seemed very out going at times so he must have thought I was a real a$$ for not talking to him. Oh it did not help that he was super shy himself.