Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

If you use Twitter and it disappeared tomorrow would it bother you?
No 63%  63%  [ 12 ]
A little 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Quite a bit 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'd be annoyed 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
I would be in pieces 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 19

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:38 am

If you use Twitter and it disappeared tomorrow, would it bother you?

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:41 am

WTF is twitter?

mindmapper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Mar 2012, 10:42 am

A few months ago I used to be quite active on Twitter, and even though it's not that personal, the interaction with complete strangers made me happy.

Though I stopped tweeting now. The main reason is that my brother is now keeping track of my tweets, which makes me uncomfortable somehow.

It wouldn't be that upsetting if Twitter vanished, but I'd perhaps be a tiny little bit sad.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 10:56 am

(Thread moved from Autism discussion to Random).

I've heard of Twitter but never checked it out.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:26 am

I might be a little glad...

TechnoDog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:29 am

TallyMan wrote:
(Thread moved from Autism discussion to Random).

I've heard of Twitter but never checked it out.

Its like "Facebook" but even more of a garbage collector.

Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 11:31 am

It would be a blessing.. the less twitter the better.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 12:53 pm

I would be in pieces. can't imagine going back to regular media for everyday information. morning newspaper? f**k no. I need my daily dose of news headlines, and Twitter is just that, for me at least.

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 12:57 pm

ive got to be honest here - what is the point in twitter anyway?

ive tried to like it a few times over the years but i just cant. i dont nderstand what is so interesting. you just end up with a line of nonsense from people you have never even heard of. its like a spam for all - or am i just being thick?

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:03 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:

ive tried to like it a few times over the years but i just cant. i dont nderstand what is so interesting. you just end up with a line of nonsense from people you have never even heard of. its like a spam for all - or am i just being thick?

if you follow boring people/spammers/idiots, that's what you get on your feed.

edited to add - and looking at your website I can tell you that there are plenty of interesting twitter accounts out there that are relevant to your interests. why not follow them?

TheDarkMage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 2:23 pm

anna-banana wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

edited to add - and looking at your website I can tell you that there are plenty of interesting twitter accounts out there that are relevant to your interests. why not follow them?

yeah i have followed the things i like but yet it still ends up filled with comments from people im not inetrested in. am i doing something wrong?

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:28 pm

I follow mostly writers of telly that I watch and camwhores and some funny people. It's pretty good. I have to keep mine private.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

TheDarkMage wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
TheDarkMage wrote:

yeah i have followed the things i like but yet it still ends up filled with comments from people im not inetrested in. am i doing something wrong?

if someone starts spamming, unfollow them. twitter is not like facebook, you can unfollow people and they generally won't feel offended. I unfollow folk all the time.

block all spam bots - it's quite easy to tell if someone is a spam bot just by looking at their previous tweets.

if there are any websites you like, follow their twitter accounts. same with writers, journalists, artists, bands, scientists etc - it's like rss, but better!

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

13 Mar 2012, 3:04 pm

I don't know what the deal is with Twitter. It's just a watered-down version of Facebook where all you can do is post statuses. Every. Half. A. Second.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

Albirea wrote:
I don't know what the deal is with Twitter. It's just a watered-down version of Facebook where all you can do is post statuses. Every. Half. A. Second.

TheDarkMage wrote:

^ I agree with these two ^

Besides, one time I tried to join Twitter and followed who I thought were my favorite celebrities, but it turns out that they don't use Twitter and the accounts were fake. :(

Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2012, 9:29 pm

Yes it would bother me a lot. I have 1079 followers that I have "hand-picked" as in weeding out the whore bots, the spammers and various business owners advertizing their services. I follow about 500 people, of which 50% are people typing as their cats, 28% are humans from England and Scotland and the rest is either American humans or "rest of the world".
I only follow famous people who will follow back and have conversation, and they are a very small percentage, all from the UK. I have some Aspie friends on there too, and mostly for me it's about the human interaction and the amazing randomness and the fun of humorous tweets people post.
I have been sent care packages from strangers, I have sent care packages back, I have made friends that I plan to meet when I move back to the UK. I have people following my life, and I am following people's lives, so it's mostly about connecting with simple non-famous people from all over the place, people that I could not have met otherwise.
Half the time I type as my cat and we type in lolcatz with other cats lol We are members of the #wlf which is the Whiskas Liberation Front and it's all basically just humans communicating with each other in a very harmless and impersonal way. It's amazing how even in 140 chars, people manage to have groups, virtual parties, meetings of twitter members in RL and also it is quite an effective tool for spreading the word and boycotting things, raising awareness on issues of injustice and expressing opinions that r actually making an impact.
One person that can be quite fun to follow for example is Danny Devito who tweets as his left foot. He takes pics of his foot in public functions, movie sets, private jets, during vacations etc and he calls his foot the" troll foot".
https://twitter.com/#!/dannydevito