Anyone get called immature/ret*d often?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ryginar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2012, 9:14 am

I've had enough of it, but I get it all the time. =/ I know that I'm more mature, and smarter than the people saying it, but it just happens so often, and it's usually of bizarre hypocrisy. For instance, some as*hole insulted my family members, and said that all poor people are lazy ret*ds -- including them, but then he said that I'm childish, not, of course, before insulting my parents.
Another time, I was having a debate with somebody, and I kept bringing him legit information over and over, but when I told him that he can't admit when he's wrong, he said "Grow the hell up Ryan."

There are more examples I can give you, but I feel it would be redundant. Do I make people feel insecure..? Maybe that's it. =P

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 9:20 am

I usually get called ret*d during an argument and the person involved knows they're wrong.

EstimatedProphet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2012, 9:28 am

I've found that it's usually just projection. When somebody does or says something without thinking or feels the need to talk about something they know nothing about and you correct them or have more insight into the subject they will often criticize you. It's just their ego trying to shake off the feeling of inferiority by projecting the inferiority onto you.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

I've been called an aspietard. I think that is hilarious. Someone said something about people making aspietard mistakes in that thread and then she said she was referring to me when someone asked her about it.

Some people tell me to grow up. People also say that when they don't like what you have said and that is usually the case with me. On some forums, it's considered a personal attack. I just thought grow up meant act their age but apparently that is not what people mean when they say it. I can tell by how it's used when something had nothing to do with maturity. So I think people say it when they didn't like what you have said.

I don't think anyone has ever called me a ret*d, only ret*d and I can't remember the last time someone has called me that.

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

retarted stupid immature idiot

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 10:50 am

Yes, and nutcase, weirdo, oddball, madman, dimwit ... i'm not immature, just childish.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

18 Apr 2012, 10:55 am

I get called ret*d when someone I'm arguing with gets pissed off. Because they know I'm right about whatever it is we're arguing about.