Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jayceww
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Apr 2012, 2:04 am

Hi guys, I’m new here! Just wanna say hello and hope to gain some experience from you. I wanna download some new music but my ipod is almost running out of space. I really don’t wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?

lilywen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2012, 2:36 am

Well if you bought those songs on iTunes I think it’s easy to get them back, because they should be linked to your account so you can download them for free again.
But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that. Google iPod Transfer and maybe you can find something useful.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 8:25 am

jayceww wrote:
I really don’t wanna delete the old songs, so can I backup them to my computer? Do you have any experience?

Might be just me, but for all I know, the songs you have on your ipod are already on your computer?... I don't know of any other way to upload, than to sync with your PC.

gigiwill
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2012, 9:18 pm

1. Connect your iPod, without launching iTunes .
2. Open your iPod, right click and choose “Explore” then go to the control panel, Protable Media, and double-click your ipod .
3. Go to Options (in the Tools menu), and on the View tab, check “Show Hidden Files and Folders”.
4. Select songs and music and drop them to a folder on your hard drive.
5. Go into iTunes Preferences, and under the Advanced tab, check “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” and “Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to the library”
6.Add your files ,select file in iTunes and add folder to library and and select the folder where you copied the files from your iPod.
If above can’t help you ,search a page “how to backup iPod music on PC” or “how to backup iPod music on Mac”may give you guides .

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Jul 2012, 8:22 am

[Moved from School and College Life to Computers, Math, Science, and Technology]

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 8:59 pm

For anyone backing up old stuff on an iPod/iPhone. A good program for that would be i-FunBox. Its easy and free to use, and can back up anything on it. Not just your music.

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 10:27 pm

The music on my iPhone originally came *from* my backups, so problem solved.