Really. Is there anything wrong with a teenager watching...

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2006, 9:20 pm

"kids'" cartoons? I don't watch Barney or Teletubbies or anything of the brain cell killing ilk, but I do like some of the old Disney Afternoon cartoons.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 9:26 pm

which cartoons do you watch?

and how old are you?

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 9:27 pm

I'm 35 and I watch Spongebob.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 9:33 pm

I'm 32 and I like the original Thomas the Tank Engine. Everybody knows who my favourite character is.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 10:21 pm

Even though i don't watch kids cartoons anymore...i don't see anything wrong with it but my favorite show when i was younger was invader zim.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 10:30 pm

I have a friend who's obsessed with Invader Zim and the Power Rangers. He's the same age as me.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 12:36 am

I am 23 and I love

The Lion King (I went through 3 VHS tapes from 5th grade to my sophomore year of college, and I am so incredbly pissed off that Disney added a song to their DVD version.)
    Finding Nemo (luckily, this came out on DVD, so I haven't worn the tape out.)
    Dexter's Laboratory
    Looney Tunes
    Ed, Edd, and Eddie
    Spongebob Squarepants
    The Jetsons
    Johnny Bravo
    Recess (Disney)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Powerpuff Girls
    Tom and Jerry
    Invader Zim

Actually, I love most cartoons.

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 1:06 am

I'm 28 and I watch lots of cartoons, including Wild Thornberrys, Rugrats, Xmen Evolution and heaps and heaps of anime.

When I was 17 I had a Rugrats T-shirt.

Nuffin' wrong wif that!! !

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 1:36 am

there are so many shows that i loved like...two years ago or so that were discontinued. they're not really even in sydication. i just see them on tv randomly.
here they are:

dexter's lab, powerpuff girls, recess, johnny bravo, tom and jerry, sheep in the big city,invader zim, looney tunes(it's impossible to find this on tv! i may buy it on dvd), and i think that's all...

there was also courage the cowardly dog. this show got kind of bizarre at times and freaked me out.

there are also the shows i watched when i was ten...sigh...rocko's modern life, ahhh! real monsters...i'm drawing a blank here. i'm sure there's more.

rugrats is also great! i don't like the rugrats all growned up thing they have now. it ruins their innocence.

i still watch spongebob,though! i need my share of mindless entertainment each day.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 5:06 pm

Lots of people here watch cartoons. In many ways they're probably less infanitile than a lot of the rest of TV. (I mean, look at Survivor...)

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 5:47 pm

There's nothing wrong with that.

I Watch:

Billy & Mandy.
Dexter's Lab.
Looney Tunes.
Ed, Edd n' Eddy.
Tom & Jerry.

Etc. Etc.

I love them. :)

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 5:49 pm

tinky wrote:
there are so many shows that i loved like...two years ago or so that were discontinued. they're not really even in sydication. i just see them on tv randomly.
here they are:

dexter's lab, powerpuff girls, recess, johnny bravo, tom and jerry, sheep in the big city,invader zim, looney tunes(it's impossible to find this on tv! i may buy it on dvd), and i think that's all...

there was also courage the cowardly dog. this show got kind of bizarre at times and freaked me out.

there are also the shows i watched when i was ten...sigh...rocko's modern life, ahhh! real monsters...i'm drawing a blank here. i'm sure there's more.

rugrats is also great! i don't like the rugrats all growned up thing they have now. it ruins their innocence.

i still watch spongebob,though! i need my share of mindless entertainment each day.

I loved Sheep In The Big City, but that's discontinued. :(

And Courage The Cowardly Dog, ah man, I forgot to add on my list.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 7:04 pm

I loved Rocko's Modern Life, and Ahh! Real Monsters, too! I can't find those anywhere. I never got into Beavis and Butthead, though. I do enjoy the Simpsons and Futurama.

jstrewth
Toucan
Toucan

11 Nov 2006, 7:12 pm

I'm 18, and I still can't believe my PBS affiliates (four of them) aren't showing Sagwa anymore.

Yeah, I'm a loser.

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 1:07 pm

I watch Cartoon networn on occasion. I like shows like Billy and Mandy, Dexter's Lab, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Ned's Newt.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 1:27 pm

I'm 44, and watch The Simpsons, The Batman, the new Legion of Super Heroes cartoon, Johnny Test, and Justice League Unlimited. I will also watch Spongebob Squarepants once in a while if I'm in a whimsical mood.

I also used to watch the older Batman and Superman animated series (the ones from WB 10 years ago), and in fact recently picked up the entire Superman animated series on DVD. I also have, in my movie collection, both Toy Story movies, both Shrek movies, Ice Age, and A Bug's Life. And on the list of movies I have the DVD-by-mail rental service (a Canadian equivalent to Netflix), I have Over The Hedge, The Emperor's New Groove, Ice Age 2, Wallace & Grommit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Brother Bear, and Cars.

(I also watch South Park, but I don't count that since that's not a cartoon for kids...)