Page 158 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 276  Next

Stampfigang
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 May 2017, 8:13 am

Skyrim on PS4, my Kjahiit is only on Level 10 so lots of fun is still to come...

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 4:22 pm

I'm playing the Clannad visual novel. I keep messing up the choices. Oh, well. Maybe I can fix it later on.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 6:14 am

I am playing Prey (the 2017 game). Before playing I was wondering why it has the name when from the outside it looks like it does not have much to do with the 2006 game, the previous game had you in a giant alien ship, while this one seemed to be aliens in a human ship or something. It took a little bit before I kind of saw what they had in common, they are first person shooters with aliens and some horror aspects, but more importantly they kind of mess with your sense of perception. Especially at the time, Prey (2006) felt like it messed with your sense of direction with gravity altering in weird ways where figuring what was up and down could mess with your head, and portals that were similar to those in the game Portal would have you walk around but then going through a portal would suddenly have you in a different place. I would say that those are kind of taken for granted now, but I remember it as a big deal.

Prey (2017) has its own, the first major point is I would say the main enemies, the mimics, which seem to have the deal that they pretend to be random objects before ambushing, which means it has you thinking that almost any object which as a gamer we tend to think is harmless, actually be a possible threat. One main point is looking for odd cases of two of the same object in a place where it would not make entirely sense, like two chairs at a single desk, I think that it is an interesting concept. The beginning also had its share with things not being how they appeared, that reminds me of the portals and a sense of the space around me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 7:41 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I am playing Prey (the 2017 game). Before playing I was wondering why it has the name when from the outside it looks like it does not have much to do with the 2006 game...

No, you're right, the new Prey has nothing to do with the franchise, it was just a business decision. Arkane Studios actually designed the game to be a spiritual sequel to the System Shock games.

Hopefully they did a better job than their attempt at a new Thief game, which was called Dishonored >_<

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 10:07 pm

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 6:09 am

I am playing Persona 5 for the most part. 60 hours in so far. Loving it. It's been way too long since the last Persona game.

Also just started the Clannad visual novel whilst finishing Fate/Hollow Ataraxia at 80%+ completion. Thinking of playing one of the other Fate spinoffs after, or Stein's Gate Zero.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2017, 8:35 pm

I played Lucius a little bit last night...the whole game feels like one big tutorial =|

I didn't buy it for me, though =P

Then, for the first time since probably the late 90s, I played some (almost) vanilla Quake with the CD music enabled. Going waaaay back, the bug is definitely biting me.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 3:54 pm

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2017, 8:08 pm

I finished Fuko's route. I'm going to do Komura-sensei's route, and then Misae's route, and then Tomoyo's route, and on from there, with Nagisa's route last. Nagisa is the girl most like me, and my favourite. :heart:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Stampfigang
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 May 2017, 6:36 am

I'm still obsessing about Skyrim on PS4. I got my character to Level 19 and finally decided to join the emperor's army so I can get some of the main quests and the storyline going. Even after playing for hours I'm still amazed about how much there is to explore. I still have so many open quests and undiscovered areas I sometimes even refuse to talk to new people in the towns so I don't get flooded with too much stuff.

SingingSaddenedSwan
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 May 2017, 4:54 pm

Grandia 1. was a big fan of Grandia 2...and good grief there is so much reading in Grandia 1, good thing that the characters are funny, as it's definitely a game more about the reading than the combat so far (4 hours in), Grandia 2 seems to have gone the opposite philosophy.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2017, 4:06 pm

SingingSaddenedSwan wrote:
Grandia 1. was a big fan of Grandia 2...and good grief there is so much reading in Grandia 1, good thing that the characters are funny, as it's definitely a game more about the reading than the combat so far (4 hours in), Grandia 2 seems to have gone the opposite philosophy.

How interesting! I played them in the opposite order (ie. I played Grandia at release) and the original is one of my favourite JRPGs (and easily Game Arts' best game), whereas 2 was a massive disappointment that lacked the original's charm and substance. This is in spite of the hideous graphics and bad voiceovers.

I need to replay it some time, I have it on my Vita and more recently played through Grandia 2, when its (new) PC port was released.

I've been playing Trails in the Sky FC. I was playing The 3rd but I feel pretty apathetic about it compared to the first two, so I figure if I replay the whole trilogy the momentum alone should push me through The 3rd. That's how gaming physics work, right?! These games actually remind me a lot of Grandia, in that they have an incredible amount of charm and a well-judged mix of industrial revolution and magical themes... and they both start off as small, character-focused stories and become much more epic. It feels like a lot of JRPGs now forget the importance of character progression being mirrored by the plot.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 11:22 pm

I've wanted to try out Grandia, but part of me is still hoping that the Saturn version will get translated.

fakkau89
Raven
Raven

21 May 2017, 12:44 am

I'm playing TESO and Hackmud. And looking to get into AC Black Flag.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 3:25 am

I'm at a convention, so some different stuff today.

Spent a good chunk of time rampaging through the leaderboards of Gyruss and Robotron in the arcade room. I'm relatively certain I screwed up some sort of high score competition by taking every slot on the list with Gyruss. Though I knew that would happen. That machine keeps showing up at these, and every time, I set a high score and it never gets beaten. I've played games like these way too much.

....And then there's Star Fox. The original. Holy crapsticks that has NOT aged well. It's aged really badly. Yeah, it was nice back in the day, but nowadays it's borderline unplayable. I mean, it runs at like, almost half a frame per minute maybe. And the controls really arent very good. In some areas it's hard to even tell what's going on. The N64 one was so much better. And then the series simply ended there. What's that? There were more games? No, you all just hallucinated those. They dont exist.

Lastly, some laptop gaming. Today, Enter the Gungeon (also found on PS4). It's like Isaac, except you die alot more. It's fun, but it has it's moments where the RNG is just a real turdball. It'll make you hate keys. So much. And that shopkeeper, I've never wanted to kill a shopkeeper in a roguelike as much as that guy. But you cant do it, not in this game.

Also cosplaying as Chara from Undertale the whole time all of this is happening. Somehow, it just adds to it.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 3:03 pm

I'm still playing Rune Factory 4. I'm confronting the greatest challenge in the game: getting everyone's relationship points to 10. :lol: