Page 165 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 276  Next

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2017, 10:18 pm

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2017, 12:15 pm

Rune Factory 4. I'll probably play this game for ten or fifteen more years at this rate. :lol:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 1:37 am

Almajo88 wrote:
There's a game I've never been able to get in to. A lot of people really, REALLY like that game but try as I might I can't muster up any enthusiasm while playing.

What about the other games in the series?

If VII is your first DQ game, I could understand where you're coming from. I know a lot of people think the games feel very dated, as Enix has really held onto tradition and, for the most part, keeps a lot of things from the NES days, like game mechanics and even sound effects.

As a long time fan, I don't recall having too many complaints about the game. I think I had more complaints about IX than VII, and IX is an awesome game.

Quote:
Admittedly, this was the Android version which lacks the voice-acting that the same people claim adds to the charm, but from what I played the mechanics seemed basic and I didn't really care about the characters or story.

I don't remember the PSX version having voice acting (it's been over 15 years), but if you don't care for the game without it, I doubt having it in would change your opinion at all.

Quote:
Does it pick up at all after the first five hours?

From what I remember, no, not really. Five hours is probably about as far as I got, though.

Not to say that I quit playing due to lack of interest.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 10:13 am

^Wait, are we talking about VII, or VIII?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 11:32 am

Middle-Earth : Shadow Of Mordor

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 7:31 pm

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 9:40 pm

Moonblood, which is a Doom 2 wad. It's not bad, a bit reminiscent of Icarus, which I played a few weeks ago. The maps haven't been very differentiated from each other though, and I'm not sure that this game will be suited to a 32-level megawad. It has a rather washed out palette also, which appears to have been deliberately created.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 11:34 pm

Kuraudo7777 wrote:

...whoops :oops:

Well, some of what I said still applies...

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 8:36 pm

I'v been enjoying the "Capcom Classics Collection", especially Final Fight

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 1:26 pm

^^Oh, well. :) I'm not sure if I like VIII yet or not, actually. I might see if XI looks fun once it comes out over here.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2017, 5:21 pm

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2017, 6:28 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Kuraudo7777 wrote:

...whoops :oops:

Well, some of what I said still applies...

D'aww, silly goose.

I'm not sure that what you said still holds. I only really want to know what I'm missing, if anything, about DQ8. I must still be missing SOMETHING, because people are crazy about this game and from what I played it felt like a whole lot of nothing.

I've been playing the Crash Bandicoot remakes. I'm a huge fan of the series, and in general I like these remakes because they're VERY accurate to the originals. The slight discrepancies in control do bother me, and if feels like they needed to do more testing and fixing of issues... there are many points where I was screwed over by the new controls and by broken hitboxes, and watching other playthroughs has confirmed this

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2017, 8:16 am

I'm playing Batman: Arkham Knight, probably my favorite of all the Batman games :)

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 9:59 am

rileydaboss2000 wrote:
I'm playing Batman: Arkham Knight, probably my favorite of all the Batman games :)

I am inclined to agree!

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 11:09 am

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2017, 3:07 pm

Scribblenauts Unlimited! :jester: :mrgreen:
My first mission is to make a dynamic robotic triceratops with wheels for legs, and a spiky-haired ex-Soldier with an enormous sword. [Anyone who has played Final Fantasy VII might get those references.]