Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Eureka7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2012, 12:26 pm

I can't STAND IT!! ! why do they have to scream at the top of their lungs for the littlest things??? omg I NEVER cried loud when I was a baby/kid. Tears would just run down my face and that was it.

I live with my 2 year old niece and she screams and cries on a daily basis. Her screams are so loud and high pitched it hurts my ears and I have to walk away from her.

I have 3 sisters and they all have little kids. So they are together often and when they are, it's madness!! ! I have to go and hide in my room because of all the screaming and crying.

It sucks because I HAVE to be around it:(

Also my sister is moving in with her two kids so I will hear even more crying and screaming.... I get sooo angry when they do it!

It's not fair!!

Anyone else have to deal with this??

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 12:41 pm

Babies cry. All babies cry.
Children are still learning how to communicate.
That's just life.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 12:42 pm

Yes! I work in daycare so I deal with it everyday. I can probably tolerate it better than a lot of people but that doesn't mean that I go crazy inside my head from the chaos once in awhile. I'm changing fields and going back to college for Library Tech this September. For me, the pros of working in child care are that I've been able to understand society a little bit better, I've been able to overcome a lot of my shyness, I can connect with children way better than I ever could, it helps with my emotion regulation a little bit and it keeps me grounded with reality. Overall it's too much sensory overload for me though.

zombiegirl2010
Toucan
Toucan

10 May 2012, 12:45 pm

I don't like babies, or small children. I have an 11 y.o., but I had tons of help with her when she was small.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 1:12 pm

I certainly do not enjoy that noise, however considering babies and very young toddlers don't really have impulse control nor have they picked up on verbal communication skills yet other than if they cry they will get what they need,I don't feel angry at them. Just angry that it bothers me so much and makes my head hurt.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 1:17 pm

Two year olds are not capable of regulating their emotions at times so it can be very trying dealing with them. The good news is, as they get older, they grow out of it, usually by the age of five. Whenever the screaming gets too much, try to block it out by leaving or some other way.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 1:23 pm

I can't stand listening to kids and toddlers shrieking like little demons when I'm at a store. I know I wasn't always an angel when I went shopping with mom, but these brats scream like it's the end of the world, and their parents usually just ignore it. I guess they figure everyone else should be used to such unholy noise just because they are. Just the other day I was in line and there's this little boy, maybe around four, with an older woman, probably his grandmother. And he is very whiny and whimpery and then sticks his tongue out at her. If I did that to my mom as a kid she'd probably smack it. :) But the lady gives him a long lecture about his bad behavior and that he couldn't behave that way to his mom or her. I have to give the grandmother credit for staying calm and patient when I would have probably "Homer Simpsoned" the kid in her situation. :) This is, among other reasons, why I should not and never will have kids. If only more women had the intelligence not to. :x

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 1:24 pm

I completely understand how you feel. I had to live with my older sister and her two small children a few years ago (my parents, brother and I had to move in with them for financial reasons), and it was hell for me. I don't think I've ever been as bitter and angry as I was when I was living with them. That was in no small part due to the fact that I greatly dislike children, the other part being that I greatly dislike my sister.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 1:26 pm

i have the same problem except with dogs.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 1:28 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I can't stand listening to kids and toddlers shrieking like little demons when I'm at a store. I know I wasn't always an angel when I went shopping with mom, but these brats scream like it's the end of the world, and their parents usually just ignore it. I guess they figure everyone else should be used to such unholy noise just because they are. Just the other day I was in line and there's this little boy, maybe around four, with an older woman, probably his grandmother. And he is very whiny and whimpery and then sticks his tongue out at her. If I did that to my mom as a kid she'd probably smack it. :) But the lady gives him a long lecture about his bad behavior and that he couldn't behave that way to his mom or her. I have to give the grandmother credit for staying calm and patient when I would have probably "Homer Simpsoned" the kid in her situation. :) This is, among other reasons, why I should not and never will have kids. If only more women had the intelligence not to. :x

Well I am glad she handled it rationally rather then slapping the kid in the face as that there would probably piss me off if I saw it. But its funny if a small child acts up then they get called all kinds of names by people that don't even know the kid or what is going on with them.....since when can a small child behave like an adult?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 2:07 pm

All babies and little kids cry like that. OP, you probably don't remember crying that way but you certainly did, at least when you were a baby, because thats the only way that babies have to let their parents know that something is wrong.

It used to bother me a lot too, before I had kids. Then it really didn't, especially after I spent years at home with my younger three who were all 18 months apart so there was a lot of crying going on, plus other kid noise. You learn to tune it out and differentiate between the crying that needs your attention right then and the whiney crying that is just for show. It's a skill that most parents learn fast, and if they don't they end up spoiling their kids rotten.

Maybe since you are around them you can help out with them and do something like change/feed/pick them up etc, so they crying stops sooner. Don't just sit there and complain about it, get up and help out.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 2:19 pm

Yes I can't stand the sound of toddlers screaming either. It's just wherever I go there always has to be a toddler shouting somewhere, it seems everywhere you go everybody has a toddler. Not even a tiny baby, not an older kid who isn't old enough to stay at home alone but has passed the screaming stage, but always a toddler. Even in the school holidays people get on with just toddlers, possibly even four of them, all aged, like, 1, 2, 3 and 4, which are all the worst possible ages. Babies under a year usually go to sleep, or are just happy chewing a toy, and if they do cry it's usually for a reason. But mostly toddlers scream and cry just to play their parents up, and they always seem to want something they can't have, and will scream and kick their legs if they can't have it, and they just take over.

OK, I know I was a toddler once, but my mum said I didn't really scream and cry in public. I used to go to sleep in my buggy, or I used to bring my favourite teddy bear out with me to keep me occupied, and I had my dummy aswell. I know I was probably loud as a toddler, just like all toddlers are, but I didn't have loud screaming temper tantrums out in public. I was pretty well-behaved.

But I think nature has made a mistake, by giving babies and toddlers loud voices. It'd be nice if the voices got louder as the child grows older, just like animals do.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 2:25 pm

I never made that much noise as a baby (but do many aspies?). But I notice parents getting worse and worse in the UK. Tends to happen when they are born out of desire for welfare.

I can excuse babies being that loud (even if it bugs me), but I don't excuse parents taking crybabies into areas they know should be quiet like libraries etc.) I also don't excuse poorly raise toddlers screaming running shouting.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 2:29 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
I never made that much noise as a baby (but do many aspies?). But I notice parents getting worse and worse in the UK. Tends to happen when they are born out of desire for welfare.

I can excuse babies being that loud (even if it bugs me), but I don't excuse parents taking crybabies into areas they know should be quiet like libraries etc.) I also don't excuse poorly raise toddlers screaming running shouting.

toddlers aren't even raised yet....though I agree that maybe parents should try to avoid bringing screaming children to quiet places like that...and movie theaters for instance. And they must give people a pretty big welfare checks there if there's a lot of parents having kids for welfare...I mean it must be enough to cover the cost of the child, the costs they already have and still provide enough money for some of their wants that aren't needs. As far as I understand here being on welfare hardly provides enough for you to live on so having kids for it would not make much sense.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 2:32 pm

I'll agree toddlers are still developing. But say when they are getting parents and stuff shouting at them, swearing at them, ignoring them, letting them run riot then that's not good at all. It's bad parenting, not really any fault of the kid. Regardless, shouldn't be happening but it's the norm now. And maybe toddler wasn't the word I was looking for. I think I meant infant (aged 3+)

EDIT: I'll give you an example of what having a child young does in the UK:
*It gets a troubled teen out of a broken Home and put into a home provided by the council, FOR FREE, FOR LIFE (in most scenarios).
*Child benefits.
*The right to claim child support off their partners or ex partners.
*Easier access to emergency of crisis loans.
*They can also claim to be looking for work when they aren't after aged 18.

The list goes on. And the women (well these kind, are still girls, they only matured sexually not mentally) aren't the only guilty party. The guys get in on this racket as well, and some become fathers to many kids / many mothers. It's an epidemic in the UK and in some areas there are council estate homes as far as your eyes can physically see. The employment rates are a lot higher than the government would have you believe.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 2:44 pm

So not interested in there being a discussion of "welfare queens" in this thread about kid noises
one, because it's not a thing and I get tired of hearing it
two, because whether or not mommy has a job isn't a factor in children's voices being annoying or whatever when they do cry

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.