Was he right for being angry at me!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 2:01 pm

i am job hunting now but before i took a 1 year break from working (because i have a disability). i do spend days lying in bed and getting up late and not really doing much cleaning around the house. my uncle (my fathers brother) would come round in the morning with builders too work on my house knowing that i was being lazy in bed.

A few months ago my uncle came round with his builder friend in the morning ( i heard them while i was in bed). i woke up 1 hour later noticing that my uncle was not in the house. i thought they did not too do any work that day, not realising he was on lunch break and would be back too work on the house in the afternoon. i called my father and my mother telling them that my uncle did no work too the house since my uncle can be unreliable. my father texted my uncle saying "no activity". When my father told my uncle i called him he was angry and later on that afternoon he gave me a lecture criticising me for not helping my parents around the house.

Do you think my uncle was right too react in that way too me? my uncle has a history of very bad health and alcohol problems. I am 22 by the way

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2012, 5:26 pm

It sounds like a case of the pot calling the kettle black to me. I can see that you mistakenly thought nothing was being done, and why you called your dad. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. I can also see your uncle getting mad at you for saying something about it because you didn't do anything around the house yourself and I don't see anything wrong with that either. It sounds like a misunderstanding to me, and since it was months ao and not that big a deal, I'd just let it go.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com