What your music tastes say about you.

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gaffa91
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2012, 2:08 pm

http://www.outofservice.com/music-personality-test/results/?complex=88.21&edgy=3.9&fun=18.78&energetic=45.44&feedback=9ad17ec63a1dd6e6

88 % enjoys reflective and complex music
4 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
19 % enjoys fun and simple music
45 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

And yes, I really like classical and jazz. I hate heavy metal, can't understand what's so great about it. Also I am liberal what comes to politics.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 2:44 pm

http://www.outofservice.com/music-perso ... nergetic=2

Considering that i take my music very seriously I'd say that's accurate...some R.E.M. songs are just fun though.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:06 pm

http://www.outofservice.com/music-perso ... ergetic=35

84 % enjoys reflective and complex music
33 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
33 % enjoys fun and simple music
35 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

Mostly right on the nose.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 1:36 pm

gaffa91 wrote:
http://www.outofservice.com/music-personality-test/results/?complex=88.21&edgy=3.9&fun=18.78&energetic=45.44&feedback=9ad17ec63a1dd6e6

88 % enjoys reflective and complex music
4 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
45 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

And yes, I really like classical and jazz. I hate heavy metal, can't understand what's so great about it. Also I am liberal what comes to politics.

For one, heavy metal is fairly complex. Two, the agressive beat has a sense of life to it. Three, it actually has meaning to it, unlike all the crap I always hear on the radio or on the dance floor. I just love the way it sounds. Maybe you would like some of the less aggressive and more artsy forms of metal, listen to Octavarium by Dream Theater and tell me what you think about it (as a bit of a warning, the song is 24 minutes long).

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

aarpar
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 May 2012, 5:03 pm

http://www.outofservice.com/music-perso ... ergetic=56

33 % enjoys reflective and complex music
7 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
2 % enjoys fun and simple music
56 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Hip-hop, Rap, Funk, Soul, and Electronic music. On the Energetic & Upbeat Dimension you fell in the 56 percentile. This score is moderate.

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the energetic and upbeat music-preference dimension tend to be extraverted, relaxed, romantic, creative, and physically active. Friendships, freedom, and social recognition provide their lives with meaning and guidance. For a good party, fans of energetic and upbeat music, are the ones to call. Compared to people who do not like energetic and upbeat music, they tend to enjoy watching action movies, science fiction movies, gangster/mobster movies, comedy movies, and erotic films.

It's perfect except for the comedy and erotic film tastes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thataaronguy204

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 6:32 pm

http://www.outofservice.com/music-perso ... nergetic=1

72 % enjoys reflective and complex music
24 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
1 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

That test wrote:
People with high scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be open to new experiences, creative, intellectual, and enjoy trying new things. When it comes to politics, they tend to lean toward the liberal side. Wisdom, diversity, and fine arts are all important to them. When it comes to lifestyle, high scorers tend to be sophisticated, and relatively well off financially. After a hard day of work, if they're not listening to music or reading a book, they enjoy documentary films, independent, classic, or foreign films.

The first result it gives me is relatively accurate. The other three are less accurate, but the fourth is more accurate than the second and the third.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 6:44 pm

Complex.
People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Classical, Blues, Jazz, and Folk music. On the Reflective & Complex Dimension you fell in the 78 percentile. This score is quite high.
78 % 78%

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

People with high scores on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension tend to be open to new experiences, creative, intellectual, and enjoy trying new things. When it comes to politics, they tend to lean toward the liberal side. Wisdom, diversity, and fine arts are all important to them. When it comes to lifestyle, high scorers tend to be sophisticated, and relatively well off financially. After a hard day of work, if they're not listening to music or reading a book, they enjoy documentary films, independent, classic, or foreign films.

to his Interest."

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2012, 1:59 pm

72 % enjoys reflective and complex music
92 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
6 % enjoys fun and simple music
12 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2012, 5:19 pm

98 % enjoys reflective and complex music
67 % enjoys fun and simple music
89 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

Reflective and Complex

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Classical, Blues, Jazz, and Folk music. On the Reflective & Complex Dimension you fell in the 98 percentile. This score is very high. 98%

Based on your responses, you scored above average on the reflective and complex music-preference dimension. Research in our laboratory indicates that people high on this dimension, like you, often have the following characteristics:

Well, I'm a poor conservative but the rest seems fairly accurate.

qo0op
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2012, 11:25 am

65 % enjoys reflective and complex music
17 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
13 % enjoys fun and simple music
83 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

Meh, why do they assume electronic music=energetic and upbeat music...?
Also, if I love pop music, then I also have to love Religious, Country, and Soundtrack music to be rated as someone enjoying fun and simple music...? I strongly disagree :)

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 12:51 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
98 % enjoys reflective and complex music
67 % enjoys fun and simple music
89 % enjoys energetic and upbeat music

Reflective and Complex

People high on this dimension tend to enjoy Classical, Blues, Jazz, and Folk music. On the Reflective & Complex Dimension you fell in the 98 percentile. This score is very high. 98%

Well, I'm a poor conservative but the rest seems fairly accurate.

You got the highest scores out of all, does this mean that you almost like everything?

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 4:09 pm

20% reflective and complex, 17% edgy and aggressive. 0% fun and simple, 0% energetic and upbeat.

They don't know me very well. I started playing guitar more than thirty years ago partly because I didn't like what I was hearing on the radio. I've written hundreds of original songs. Most of my songs are similar in style to the classic rock from the late 1960s to the late 1970s, but with some punk, reggae and eastern influences.

Besides making wrong statements about my musical tastes, which they at least got partly right, this survey's results are completely bogus in regards to my personality. What they say about my personality is very wrong. Presumably whatever criteria being used apply mainly to NTs?

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 4:29 pm

41 % enjoys reflective and complex music
43 % enjoys edgy and aggressive music
4 % enjoys fun and simple music
35 % enjoys energetic and upbeat

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright