Please can you get the server thing sorted out?

Page 1 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 1:16 pm

I'm not coming here nearly as often because of it.

You might want to make the server completely unavailable to me then. ;)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2012, 3:49 pm

[Moved from Random Discussion to WrongPlanet.net discussion]

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Give them hundreds / thousands of dollars every year and I'm sure they will :lol:

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 9:45 am

Tequila wrote:
I'm not coming here nearly as often because of it.

You might want to make the server completely unavailable to me then. ;)

This is less than useless... which "server thing" are you referring? I'm aware of several.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 1:18 pm

I don't know about others, but I get the cloud flare page a lot and also the busy server autism talk tv page a lot. It happens several times a day now, when it used to happen every few days, once.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 1:35 pm

I've had the cloudflare page a few times today about the site being offline with no cached version available. Luckily I've not needed to spend much time on here anyway since retiring from moderating; so it isn't a big deal as I can just get on with other things.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 9:07 am

I just get pissed off when it won't let me on to another page. It doesn't matter what button I click on to on this site, often it slows all down then that ugly ''internet explorer cannot display the webpage'' page appears, with a ''diagnose problems'' button underneath it, which I never bother to press because it doesn't actually diagnose any problems it only accuses me of having my internet thing unplugged or something else unhelpful like that.
But this even happens when I'm about to log out. It drives me mad, and I especially hate it when I've just submitted a post and then it comes up with that ugly you-know-what screen, so I don't know if the post has actually gone through or not. I can't open up a new wrong planet page in a new tab because that doesn't load either. So many wasted seconds! Or minutes. Possibly even an hour....or so.

May I point out that making a site for Autistic people this slow and unpredictable is not a very good idea, since if it causes frustration in most people then it's definately going to cause frustration in Autistics (involving damage to the computer from physical anger).

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

Rewrite the site's code while you're at it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

03 Jun 2012, 8:29 pm

cloudflare has been giving me a lot of trouble recently as well

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 8:53 pm

Sometimes I get a feeling this website will be gone soon permanently because it's been acting funny.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 10:10 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Sometimes I get a feeling this website will be gone soon permanently because it's been acting funny.

I've said this before: internet forums are on their way out. A survivalist forum I'm on supposedly gets a few thousand posts a day, but it's mostly gun talk and people posting garbage unrelated to survivalism. The other forums there hardly see use-I do not log in for a few days and when I get back most forums on there have only a handful of new topics. I quit another "prepper" forum I was on because it simply up and died. Very few posts.

WP is a valuable resource, but few new members join nowadays, and many members have quit. I feel for the mods here, they get BS from everybody, and in the end nobody's happy. I will check in at WP until Alex finally pulls the plug, and on the survival forum I'll call SB until Kev (that forum's owner) finally calls it quits.

Other than that, I check the San Francisco Chronicle, the Sacramento Bee every so often (McClatchy is a fourth rate outfit, and now they want their sites to be subscription only, so screw them) and a local TV station for weather. MY PC stays off most of the time. I look at new profiles on OKCupid once or twice a month.

Other than that, the internet has finally become what Obama always wanted it to be-a one way shopping mall. And people have only themselves to blame. People can't be civil. Look at Facebook, that place makes me want to puke because NTs are so damn superficial and stupid. People will be herded right off the cliff, and not care as long as their iCrap works. Joe Goebbels, eat your heart out.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

Seems to be getting worse. I've been getting this for 12 hours non-stop.

Quote:
Host Not Configured to Serve Web Traffic
You've requested a page on a website (www.wrongplanet.net) that is on the CloudFlare network. Unfortunately, the host web server does not appear to be configured to accept web traffic or serve web traffic. If you are the owner of this website, you should login to CloudFlare and change the DNS records for www.wrongplanet.net to resolve to a server configured to serve web traffic.

Timestamp: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 16:26:00 -0700

Your IP address:

Requested URL: www.wrongplanet.net/

Error reference number: 1004

Server ID: FL_4F7

Process ID: PID_1338765960.647-1-6561132

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_6; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.83 Safari/534.13

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 11:09 pm

pezar wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I've said this before: internet forums are on their way out. A survivalist forum I'm on supposedly gets a few thousand posts a day, but it's mostly gun talk and people posting garbage unrelated to survivalism. The other forums there hardly see use-I do not log in for a few days and when I get back most forums on there have only a handful of new topics. I quit another "prepper" forum I was on because it simply up and died. Very few posts.

Internet forums will never die. They just run their course and get replaced by something new. I saw it happen to Usenet. But it does make me wonder what people spend all their time on the internet doing these days. Do people look at nothing else, other the Twitter and Facebook?

pezar wrote:
WP is a valuable resource, but few new members join nowadays, and many members have quit. I feel for the mods here, they get BS from everybody, and in the end nobody's happy. I will check in at WP until Alex finally pulls the plug, and on the survival forum I'll call SB until Kev (that forum's owner) finally calls it quits.

Is it a surprise that new members don't join, and old members quite, considering all the major server issues, and a forum owner who doesn't seem interested in fixing it?

pezar wrote:
Other than that, I check the San Francisco Chronicle, the Sacramento Bee every so often (McClatchy is a fourth rate outfit, and now they want their sites to be subscription only, so screw them) and a local TV station for weather. MY PC stays off most of the time. I look at new profiles on OKCupid once or twice a month.

Other than that, the internet has finally become what Obama always wanted it to be-a one way shopping mall. And people have only themselves to blame. People can't be civil. Look at Facebook, that place makes me want to puke because NTs are so damn superficial and stupid. People will be herded right off the cliff, and not care as long as their iCrap works. Joe Goebbels, eat your heart out.

I agree that the internet is becoming too commercial. But its sure not Obama's fault. The trend started a long time before Obama became president. And I don't think it the fault of internet users either. I think it more the fault of the mass adverting companies that are trying to take over the internet and killing it in the process. Example: a site like YouTube that started off as a great concept. Let people upload their own videos, and discuss them with other users. Then Google took it over, totally wrecked it and turned it into the mass media monstocity it is today. People have to keep moving along as companies like Google wreck everything they get their hands on.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 2:25 am

A few hours ago, I got the error that the server is not configured to serve internet traffic or something like that.

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2012, 11:06 am

When I get the Cloudflare error page it can usually be resolved by clicking the retry button on the page. If Cloudflare could add an auto-retry feature this would prevent the error screen appearing the majority of the time.

Cloudflare support seems to be fairly responsive so it would be worth suggesting this feature to them.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 11:12 am

====

Last edited by smudge on 08 Jun 2012, 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.