Being hugged/held tightly. Why do some Aspies like it?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 12:48 pm

I enjoy tight hugs and strong pressure. Now that I think about it, I tend to have very little physical contact with other people. I have one friend that gives me tight hugs every time I see her, but beyond that I hardly ever touch anyone except for maybe a hand shake.

So, honestly I'm not sure if I like light touch from others or not. I do prefer a firm handshake over someone who barely puts any force into it, which just feels weird.

I've never heard of weighted blankets before I started posting here. I really like the idea of them and would love to try one. I've always liked having a lot of blankets on me, which I guess does the same thing.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:02 pm

I love hugs. However, I can't stand people entering my working space or interrupting me there. I really don't have a 'personal space' around me (not one that really matters, at least) and I really don't mind to be touched. But my working space and time is sacred.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:32 pm

I love tight hugs or when someone squeezes my shoulder tightly. Actually, the best way for me to "come back" from a shutdown is if my girlfriend holds me really tightly. In some weird way, aspie touch feels much more comfortable for me than nt touch.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:33 pm

I love tight hugs or when someone squeezes my shoulder tightly. Actually, the best way for me to "come back" from a shutdown is if my girlfriend holds me really tightly. In some weird way, aspie touch feels much more comfortable for me than nt touch.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:41 pm

I like heavy blankets and clothing, but I don't like hugs, eggsept for the tightest hugs, which are people picking me up and spinning me around. All other hugs make me feel uncomfortable if they are not tight or like I am going to choke and die if they are tight. I like to hug other people more than I like other people to hug me. I usually pounce from the back.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 1:47 pm

Come to think of it, I like being hugged tightly... Never really thought about it before.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 3:30 pm

It doesn't worry me one way or another really. I like cuddling/kissing people (within reason) but sometimes cuddling people I hardly know makes me feel awkward, but in a Social Phobia respect, not nothing to do with liking or not liking being touched.

Being touched doesn't worry me one way or another either. I like being touched.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Kaelynn wrote:
I have read that alot of aspies and autistic people like being hugged or held tightly. Some like it when other people hug them and others like that feeling but not when its coming from another person. For me I dont always like it coming from another person but some poeple are good huggers so I do enjoy it. My questions are do you enjoy being hugged or held tightly by a person or not? And why do some aspies like it so much?

I don't like to be hugged and I don't like to be held tightly. That doesn't mean that other people with aspergers are the same as me ofcourse.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 7:03 pm

Like most, I just seem to enjoy the pressure. There's something comforting about it.

Senath wrote:
artrat wrote:
I don't liked to be touched too much but love pressure. Thankfully I have a weighted blanket and think all aspies could benefit from one.

Do they come in cooler summer material?

I know mine doesn't provide much warmth at all and I think pretty much all weighted blankets are intentionally made to not be warm, so you can use them in summer.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 7:34 pm

They make me feel warm and safe. =3

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 May 2012, 11:16 pm

Ok so alot of people like/love tight hugs. But I want to know why that is. Does anyone know why alot of people with aspergers like it so much?

Letsrave
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2012, 12:26 am

Tight contact feels great, soft contact is intense but it turns me on instead of being intolerable.

Girls dont typically like guys that want to be touched more than they do, sux :/
Struggled for years with a girlfriend who told me I squeezed her too tight

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:24 am

Goldie83 wrote:
I like to squeeze my partner so hard that I lift him off the ground. I get him to squeeze me back. But only him. Everyone else doesn't touch me. Which is fine by me! I also like my back to be scratched. A LOT. My partner bites his nails though which annoys me no end as my back is always unscratched. I want to put the bad tasting anti-bite nail polish stuff on his hands when he is asleep :lol: I don't think it will go down well. I also hate light touches but I loved my face being stroked when I was a kid.

wow, you are one powerful aspie! [to lift somebody off the ground when hugging 'em] :o i find a backscratcher thingie supplies the necessary sharp-pointed back friction, i have one of those thingies that "meow"s when i scratch my back with it.
btw, welcome to our neat little club 8)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:42 am

Because it is comforting and makes me happy?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

it feels nice. A nice strong hug is the same as chocolate =) its the endorphens it releases.. inna sense, hugs are orgasmically pleasurable... n thats the only way i can rate it's feeling for me.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 7:32 pm

I depends on the person doing it. Someone I have romantic feeling for? Love that, but even most of my family I just get a bit tense about it. Unfortunately, all my Cousin's wives seem to enjoy hugging me. Ugh!

Sincerely,
Matthew