Rape, Victim-Blaming, and... random stuff about religion

Page 9 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:00 pm

Venger wrote:
Guys pretending to be girls often put words like "chick" in their username to make sure everybody sees that they're allegedly female.

And use pictures of Zooey Deschanel as their display picture

TM
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 9:09 pm

Venger wrote:
TM wrote:
HisDivineMajesty wrote:
TM wrote:
HipsterChick was easy to pick out though, especially in that second post.

What, the one about settling for a poet? It had a tiny amount of literary value - I'd expect it to be said by a greasy old man in a disreputable stand-up cafe.

That one, plus the original was seeping with deceit. When he wrote the recap of his date with the rapist, it became obvious because the description was a textbook example of sh** you can read on lovefraud.

Then again, with hipsters you never know because they are so screwed up in the head in many ways that delusion and their reality is joined at the hip.

Guys pretending to be girls often put words like "chick" in their username to make sure everybody sees that they're allegedly female.

Men and women tend to write and speak differently as well. However, aspie women tend to write more similar to males.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 10:58 pm

to all: HipsterChick has been banned, so please cease discussion about "her" (it violates the rules). thank you.

HisDivineMajesty, i do not know if your judgement is good in general terms. you have stated for yourself that you hold misogynistic ideas, so i do not believe you could be objective in some discussions regarding women. perhaps sometimes you may have a good idea, but since you are approaching every discussion from a negative starting point about the entire gender, i believe it would be a futile activity to engage you in debate about social issues that primarily involve females.

so as a fellow member i am not likely to take your opinions about females seriously, whereas i am quite likely to listen to someone who has a balanced perspective. women are not perfect, but they are not evil manipulators either (nor are men, for that matter). i tend to give credence to opinions that come from members who keep that in mind.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 4:58 pm

TM wrote:
Venger wrote:
TM wrote:
HisDivineMajesty wrote:
TM wrote:
HipsterChick was easy to pick out though, especially in that second post.

What, the one about settling for a poet? It had a tiny amount of literary value - I'd expect it to be said by a greasy old man in a disreputable stand-up cafe.

That one, plus the original was seeping with deceit. When he wrote the recap of his date with the rapist, it became obvious because the description was a textbook example of sh** you can read on lovefraud.

Then again, with hipsters you never know because they are so screwed up in the head in many ways that delusion and their reality is joined at the hip.

Men and women tend to write and speak differently as well. However, aspie women tend to write more similar to males.

Interesting, perhaps this research is relevant to that observation:

http://sfari.org/news-and-opinion/in-brief/2012/cognition-and-behavior-asperger-brains-similar-across-sexes

Quote:
Specifically, men have more total white matter and more gray matter within the right parietal operculum, a region that plays a role in empathy, than women do. This suggests that these features are characteristic of a ‘male’ brain, the researchers say.

The difference in the volumes of total white matter and local gray matter between men and women is smaller in the group with Asperger syndrome than in controls. This suggests that the brains of women with the syndrome have more ‘male’ brain characteristics than those of controls, the researchers say.

The men with Asperger syndrome do not have more total white matter or more gray matter in the right parietal operculum compared with controls, however. The finding challenges the idea that men with Asperger syndrome have brains that are structurally more ‘male’ than those of controls.

Among controls, the men’s brains also have greater connectivity — as measured by the flow of water through the brain — than the women’s brains in a number of regions, including the corpus callosum, which connects the two hemispheres. This difference in connectivity between males and females is also smaller among the brains of individuals with Asperger syndrome