Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

thisaintnoparty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

Hi, didn't realise there was an LGBT forum too...
This forum is probably best for me, but straight people might feel the same so will keep it in both.

Here:

My main issues at present are with my love life...

Whenever I meet someone new, and have bit of a crush - I just seem to go mental.

I can't stop thinking about them, what they are doing, if they are thinking about me, if they have told their friends about me, imagining the (near) future - staying over meeting friends etc, I want to text them all the time, get angry when they don't say what I wanted them to say, then instantly forget about being angry when something nice comes afterwards.

I try to be cool, not to text so much and be calm - but I just get too excited and just feel like; if you like someone, why would you want to pretend that you don't and play hard to get?

I want you - I'm not ashamed to say it everyday because its the truth, I like talking to you lots and getting to know you, I like to tell you I am thinking about you 'cos I'd love to hear that from you.

But the above just seems to scare people... and maybe it would scare me too if I was on the receiving end of it - but I've never experienced it. I so rarely have someone interested in me, and being nice that I just fall too quickly I guess.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 8:55 am

Maybe what happens to you is you are so desperate for having someone that it shows when you meet someone new you like. Could you find another way to canalize your lack of love? Maybe you can get a pet or a plant or something, or read for the eldest... something that helps you canalize you "caring" feelings in a healthy way. I know it is not the same, but maybe it could help. That way when you meet the one you would be more relaxed. I know I do not like needy people myself.

Last edited by Ilka on 11 Jul 2012, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 10:16 am

Can relate to this from the other side, women are being too much focused on me and this usually leads to a point where i need to shut down completely because their exaggerated attention causes too many conflicts in my life. That is, i need time for my own interests and down time beside work, therefore can offer only a certain amount of time and energy. This seems to frustrate women, consequently they're pushing even harder and i interpret this as an invasion or hostile takeover.

I don't think it's about playing hard to get but about taking one step at a time and yes, taking turns when interacting. Also, some people might be simply not up to your pace but need more time.