Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LynnCW
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

I have done this for as long as I can remember, at least since I was 4, I don't know that I would exactly call this a fantasy per say... But every night, the only way I can fall asleep is to have this certain scenario play in my head, it has been the same EVERY time, with the exception that some of the people have changed over the years. I am a little too embarassed to go into details about it, even though it is not sexual or relating to anything like that. But anyway, some days, I wish I could just stay home and be in my own little world. There are mornings where I don't even want to go to work because I just want to lay on my couch and not be "here". Make sense?

questor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 9:18 pm

Yes, I have always had an active daydream life, with many different "universes." Some have fallen by the wayside. Some are primary, some are secondary that I "visit" less often, and others are tertiary--that is, I only occasionally "visit" them. The characters change some over the years, and the scenarios change too, over time. It does have the draw back of having me get lost in my own mind at times, which makes me less aware of, and less responsive to what is going on around me. On the other hand, if I don't have a book with me, I can haul out one of my "universes" and work through one or more scenarios.

I prefer my daydream universes over interacting with real people because they are less trouble. I can always change the daydream channel, or tone down or up the scenario, or change the characters and their behaviors. I can't adjust real people, and they are often hard to deal with.

My daydream universes are not a schizo thing. I do not believe they are real, they are just fictional TV of the mind that I play around with when I want to.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 9:34 pm

If you were a writer, that would be your work... :wink: In other words, it makes perfect sense to me.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 10:54 pm

questor wrote:
Yes, I have always had an active daydream life, with many different "universes." Some have fallen by the wayside. Some are primary, some are secondary that I "visit" less often, and others are tertiary--that is, I only occasionally "visit" them. The characters change some over the years, and the scenarios change too, over time. It does have the draw back of having me get lost in my own mind at times, which makes me less aware of, and less responsive to what is going on around me. On the other hand, if I don't have a book with me, I can haul out one of my "universes" and work through one or more scenarios.

I prefer my daydream universes over interacting with real people because they are less trouble. I can always change the daydream channel, or tone down or up the scenario, or change the characters and their behaviors. I can't adjust real people, and they are often hard to deal with.

My daydream universes are not a schizo thing. I do not believe they are real, they are just fictional TV of the mind that I play around with when I want to.

This pretty much describes my daydream universes.

C0MPAQ
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jul 2012, 11:26 pm

I have the exact same thing, just that it is about women as personalities (i.e. just about how they are) opposed to people in scenarios. I managed to suppress it now a great deal over the years because it is dysfunctional and it used to be stronger in the past. It doesn't really help that much though.

I suspect that it is basically the same in you. In me what caused this is my lack of relationships with females, which is caused partly by lack of females I can relate to. The same way you may dream about normal social relationships or social relationships/scenarios you can cope with, caused by lack of social relationships and people you can relate to.

I was banned 1 minute after creating a thread which criticized the moderation, by mentioning issues like political censorship, social problems and problems of autism unfriendliness, especially in the chat.

Please contact me on http://aspiefriends.net

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2012, 11:31 pm

LynnCW wrote:
But every night, the only way I can fall asleep is to have this certain scenario play in my head

I have something similar but it's not quite the same thing. Before I can fall asleep, I daydream of a place I know well, usually a home I used to live in, and start walking through it, conjuring up each room (or area, if I walk outside) as I go. Sometimes in very rich detail. But there is no scenario, no people.

Fluke83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2012, 12:22 am

Yup, I do this.

I also have several fantasy universes and also use them to sleep, among other things. It's a great way for me to calm down.

I daydream A LOT too, the universe I focus on is determined by what I'm most preoccupied with at the moment; book, movie, tv show or the good ol' fantasy universe I first made up when I was a kid.

A common factor between them is that spanking plays a prominent part in all of them, heheh

LynnCW
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jul 2012, 1:32 am

questor wrote:

That is a really good way of putting it, thats exactly how I feel. Depending on my stress level, it changes the whole scenario.

vanhalenkurtz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 1:45 am

Oh yes. Right planet ahoy.

EQ: 6.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 3:11 pm

LynnCW wrote:
But every night, the only way I can fall asleep is to have this certain scenario play in my head, ?

Same here. It varies, but usually it's historical fantasy in nature, usually based on what I've read lately. Fan-fiction dreams, I guess you'd call it.

Psychocandy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

I imagine myself underwater or in the clouds.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 4:32 pm

I often fall into my daydream state before falling asleep or if I am left for an extended period of time by myself. The people in my daydreams are always nice to me, love me and listen to me and I always return the favour. In some of my daydreams (depending on how social I feel) there are no people but just nice quiet places. I like daydreaming, it is one way for me to relax.

BlueBean
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm

I do this too, I have several 'stories' in my head that I have gone back to for years.

AnimeFreak5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2012, 5:44 pm

I like to role-play and have "lucid" dreams, if that counts....

I also like to "escape from reality" by watching and reading things.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 5:45 pm

The scenario changes depending on my mood and it can contain romantic and sexual content, but the characters have been the same for over 20 years, although they have grown older slightly and now have complex histories.

I also have to have my favourite movie playing in the background when I sleep. At the moment it is desperately seeking susan (madonna flick as I have been a fan for 24 years now). Previously it was two moon junction with richard tyson...i have long been a fan of his stuff too!

My scenario characters are characters I created and are not from any of the movies I take a liking to lol. Of course in my scenario world my character is a social and romantic success...unlike in the real world where I am still single at 37 and a complete social ditz.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

When going to sleep I sort of meditate by visualizing myself being deep underwater. So deep that the water is dark but near the bottom that is slightly luminous.