Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 5:49 pm

I feel really resentful due to the fact that I went to such a ridiculously crap secondary school that it had no scientific subjects and, as a church school, it actually integrated mass in the curriculum.

How much time have I wasted? Is this the reason my life has merely fizzled out soon after finishing school? Somehow all I can think about is revenge... if only it was at all possible. But schools can't exactly be sued because of their curricula, right?

I don't know, I'm broken. :(

Radian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2012, 6:39 pm

Your experience is becoming more common here in the UK where once I would have only expected this from the USA. You have a right to complain about this. Was it an Academy school? I cannot point you in the right direction to make your complaint without doing further research but your local MP should be told. By making a complaint you will be playing apart in moderating this shift back to the dark ages. By all means channel your anger into setting out your complaint BUT don't make it a wasted effort by allowing yourself to be percieved as an irrational extremist.

It's one of the most cynical tricks going... if you're in authority, you can get away with abuse when it is so awful that it makes their victims lose it with anger... then they can simply dismiss you as an extremist.

On a more positive note, you now have the scientific and technological world at your fingertips if you can use your internet connection unhampered. I never learned a damn thing at school anyway. I can only ever understand stuff I teach myself by reading and doing. Good luck.