What would you do if the opposite orientation hit on you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

salem44dream
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 8:56 pm

I'm always flattered if someone from another orientation hits on me! Then I usually explain what the real situation is, that I'm a gay man and things kind of iron themselves after that.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 9:37 pm

I tell them I'm straight. It has happened.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 4:16 pm

It's happened to me a few times, and I just pulled away from those people.

Embertayle
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

I would be surprised, and flattered.

salem44dream
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

I'm actually not looking at straight women when they seem to be trying to make more than normal eye contact with me, so it NEVER gets as far as them hitting on me. On the other hand, I do attempt to make eye contact with gay men I'm attracted to, but unfortunately I don't do that right and over and over they seem to be getting the message from me that I'm not interested in them. Rats.

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2012, 11:13 am

I'd tell them it's not happening. If they continue, well I hope they're prepared for emotional turmoil. I'm asexual, asocial, and with the ability to understand people. Asides, why would one hit on a freaky person that prefers to be completely alone?

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

The idea of boy OR girl parts touching or entering my girl parts is off-putting to me: as it should be, I'm only 13... conservative christian republican (gotta love us, right?) so definitely against gay and transgenderism and all the types of sexuality that isn't heterosexuality... not trying to offend anyone but it says in the rules that you can say things against an opinion just not attack a person directly.
So.. YEAH!
Don't hate me....

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

UDAspie13 wrote:
The idea of boy OR girl parts touching or entering my girl parts is off-putting to me:

I can understand this, but the rest I'll just explain it off as you're taught to think this way. I'm not stating I hate you or like you as I have no capacity to give a s**t about people.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 4:06 pm

I don't actually know how to react to people hitting on me in general. I can never tell if they're serious or teasing or being condescending.

It doesn't really matter what gender they are.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

Reptillian wrote:
UDAspie13 wrote:
The idea of boy OR girl parts touching or entering my girl parts is off-putting to me:

I can understand this, but the rest I'll just explain it off as you're taught to think this way. I'm not stating I hate you or like you as I have no capacity to give a sh** about people.

Well, I was not taught to think that way my parents never said anything to me one way or another about bisexuality, homosexuality or any other sexuality. Those thoughts are my own.

younginflavor18
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2012, 5:25 pm

I would simply tell them I'm straight if a gay or bisexual guy hits on me. I did happen to me from time to time but I usually brush it off.

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 9:43 pm

UDAspie13 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:
UDAspie13 wrote:

I can understand this, but the rest I'll just explain it off as you're taught to think this way. I'm not stating I hate you or like you as I have no capacity to give a sh** about people.

Well, I was not taught to think that way my parents never said anything to me one way or another about bisexuality, homosexuality or any other sexuality. Those thoughts are my own.

Oh, I understand that people of your viewpoint may not always have been raised that way nor taught by other people. If you say so, I'll accept your viewpoint as your own, but I'm still skeptical.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

Skeptically of what?
First off let me say that I am NOT lying. I see no point to it.
But I am wondering why you're skeptically.

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

conservative christian republican

That part sorts of indicates the possibility that you may have been raised to think in the manner you're thinking now, but I'm not concluding you're lying.

UDAspie13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2012, 10:22 pm

Reptillian wrote:
conservative christian republican

That part sorts of indicates the possibility that you may have been raised to think in the manner you're thinking now, but I'm not concluding you're lying.

Ahh. I see your point. While I was raised to think in many different ways, my parents never really touched on alternate sexual orientations. That opinion is my own.
I'm glad that I clarified. I believe it is an AS trait to expect others to understand your thoughts? Because I kind of just expected people to... get it. I don't know what I'm trying to say lol.

Reptillian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 11:14 pm

That isn't really a exclusive to aspergers.