Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

Patterned floors can appear to be moving sometimes and it gives me a headache.. and I'm glad there a term for the seeing what looks like tiny particles.. It's not something I've mentioned out of fear of seeming crazy but other people experience this too.. good

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

I've seen something like a fluid shift in the floor when fatigued from over work or lack of sleep.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2012, 1:34 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:
I experienced this and was worried it was part of my psychosis. Thankfully I can see it's most probably not.

What exactly have you experienced? Moving patterned floors/walls or just moving floors?
nerdymama wrote:
Patterned floors can appear to be moving sometimes and it gives me a headache.. and I'm glad there a term for the seeing what looks like tiny particles.. It's not something I've mentioned out of fear of seeming crazy but other people experience this too.. good

I must say, I also can see patterned walls or floors and their patterns can appear to be moving but this could be optical illusions.

For me, generally, it's really just grey floors which don't have to be patterned at all and can be completely unstructured (like road stones) and they'll look like their moving slowly in streams and/or waves.....

Anyway, I'm glad to read others experience different visual perceptions, too.

VIDEODROME wrote:
I've seen something like a fluid shift in the floor when fatigued from over work or lack of sleep.

Fluid shift...that actually sounds like more like my experience.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

Yes it's eerie when that happens. It's almost like a wave motion or ripple. Almost like looking through wavy glass passing between your eyes and the floor.

Mostly I briefly notice that if I'm fatigued or feeling sick.

In fact if I'm really ill and puking. Right after I look away from the toilet bowl at the floor I might notice this effect.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2012, 2:58 pm

Mayel wrote:
SteelMaiden wrote:
I experienced this and was worried it was part of my psychosis. Thankfully I can see it's most probably not.

What exactly have you experienced? Moving patterned floors/walls or just moving floors?

Moving patterned floors/walls.

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2012, 4:05 pm

Quote:
Moving patterned floors/walls.

I think that might be common.
VIDEODROME wrote:
Yes it's eerie when that happens. It's almost like a wave motion or ripple. Almost like looking through wavy glass passing between your eyes and the floor.

Mostly I briefly notice that if I'm fatigued or feeling sick.

In fact if I'm really ill and puking. Right after I look away from the toilet bowl at the floor I might notice this effect.

Intresting. It could be described like that for me if the wavy glass was really chunky in structure, I'd say it looks like lava streams for me...I don't recall being sick when it happens either.

But there's certainly always an explanation for every kind of different optical perception.

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2012, 3:22 am

The floor might be drunk

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2012, 12:41 pm

dug around on that site someone linked.

Looks like we get special mention.

Asperger's and persistant aura migraines

I know I have aura migraines. Not really anymore now that I switched to another contraceptive pill (a mini pill, the previous one was too high dosed for small'o'me). Every so often I do get disoriented in my visual perception of things though.

Ziemael
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jun 2018, 5:54 pm

Never heard of that. The only thing weird/horribly annoying about concrete is the damn micro crystals reflecting sunlight and overwhelming me so I have to look away from the ground. Coupled with clumsiness I tend to clip people walking past me. A clear blue sky does ripple and squirm like tadpoles or sperms made of light. That disturbs and fascinates me at the same time. I could certainly believe asphalt could do the same.