Has anyone tried to sue you once or get you in jail?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 1:59 pm

I once had someone threaten to call the police on me because I took a wild snake from them that they were going to kill. I wasn't innocent or guilty but the snake was 100% innocent. I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had let them kill it and didn't do anything to try and stop them. And I'd do it again if I had too.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 1:49 am

My mom threatened to have me arrested lots of times when I had meltdowns with her but she never actually tried. She also threatened to put me in juvi, military school, put me up for adoption or kick me out of the house but never tried. I had LOTs of bad meltdowns with my parents as a kid until I moved in with my girlfriend at 28 but they were very critical of my Aspie & many other issues. I never been sued or arrested or anything thou cuz I always kept to myself & am eager to please authority just not my parents.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 2:18 am

I was threatened to be sued and I was rear ended. If I took it to the insurance, she would have sued me and she had a tape recorder and camera and everything. I didn't know why then she was taking photos of my bumper and she wouldn't tell me why she was doing it when I asked. But it was all manipulation and I didn't even know it and I was not aware of the law our state had that anyone who rear ends up is always at fault unless you back into them. Would she have actually sued me, I don't know. She said she had a bad beck so the bump was hard on her back and neck. But I am sure I would have won the case if she took it to court but it would have meant paying attorney fees to defend myself and I didn't want to go through that and I didn't have the money and she said neither did she so how would she have sued? :? I hear attorneys can do it for free if they think they will win and if you lose, you lose your stuff if you don't have money but because I have anxiety, I didn't think rationally and then it was too late when I realized. So maybe it wouldn't have happened because she wouldn't have had a case and a lawyer might not have done it if they are honest because they know she will lose. But I have heard of people winning when they were clearly at fault and the victim would lose the case because of kind of lawyer they had. I don't know. That is why I didn't report it to the insurance and luckily there was no serious damage to my car but paint being chipped off.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2017, 5:16 am

I was sued multiple times by people who wanted more $$ out of my insurance company. waiting at a traffic light, I was rear-ended by some dope high on dope [trying to beat a light] who sent me smashing into the rear end of the truck in front of me. rather than sue him, the truck driver sued me.