Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 3:39 pm

Another asexual here. It was through researching asexuality that I came across autistic spectrum disorders and WP.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2012, 9:22 am

I'm asexual as well, it may just be me but SEX IS ABSOLUTELY horrible. I hate it, yet I've felt attractive feelings toward both genders sometimes but the idea of actual sex turns me off. I may quality as bisexual but I think anymore I'm just asexual, due to emotional reasons and past experiences.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

16 Aug 2012, 11:29 am

you're like me, biromantic asexual. Yes I agree, sex is horrible....rather gross too. I really dont understand connecting body parts used for, or very close in promemtity to, eliminary functions as a means of emotional intimacy. :huh: It doesnt matter if it is straight or gay sex...its still all the same in different combinations of eliminary, or near eliminary, body parts.

On the subject, pregnancy and childbirth is like some scene from alien II, except with a cute baby, but it does seem like being a host to an alien parasite that rips itself out of the mother. I kinda wished we laid eggs like birds.

thank you for listening to my asexualized rant :wink:

Jojo

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 2:42 am

I'm asexual too- a friend at uni introduced me to it, she was asexual rep for Pride and was on AVEN (which I haven't joined but keep meaning to), and before that I'd never heard of asexuality. I think I'm aromantic too since I've never had any romantic feelings for people, although I get really strong fixations on women (usually about 15 years older than me) which is like a 'crush' but I don't have any sexual/romantic feelings for them :s really don't understand it. It's like I really want them to like me and want to speak to them all the time, but it's not like I want to be in a relationship with them. Anyone else had that experience? I get it all the time (on my sixth 'crush' since I was 13) and have no idea why. It's usually people who are somehow involved in whatever my special interest is at the time (eg my French teacher, my dissertation tutor at uni, an older student at college on my course etc).

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

17 Aug 2012, 9:54 am

Bubbles137 wrote:
I'm asexual too- a friend at uni introduced me to it, she was asexual rep for Pride and was on AVEN (which I haven't joined but keep meaning to), and before that I'd never heard of asexuality. I think I'm aromantic too since I've never had any romantic feelings for people, although I get really strong fixations on women (usually about 15 years older than me) which is like a 'crush' but I don't have any sexual/romantic feelings for them :s really don't understand it. It's like I really want them to like me and want to speak to them all the time, but it's not like I want to be in a relationship with them. Anyone else had that experience? I get it all the time (on my sixth 'crush' since I was 13) and have no idea why. It's usually people who are somehow involved in whatever my special interest is at the time (eg my French teacher, my dissertation tutor at uni, an older student at college on my course etc).

looking for "mommy" maybe? Sometimes when you have a lacking in your relationship with the parent of the sex you are crushing, you might be trying to fulfill that relationship through another person.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 3:43 pm

jojobean wrote:

looking for "mommy" maybe? Sometimes when you have a lacking in your relationship with the parent of the sex you are crushing, you might be trying to fulfill that relationship through another person.

I'm not sure :s i thought that at first but I think it's definitely hormonal because it started not long after puberty. I get on well with my mum though, not mega close but I'm not really with anyone and we don't argue any more than most people do with their parents. It also doesn't seem to be a 'maternal' type crush, more that I want the person to like me and want to spend time with them but in a more intense way than friends, really don't understand it. It's a bit like they're what I want to be like when I'm older.

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2012, 1:39 am

jojobean wrote:
Cesar wrote:
I think I'm "homoasexual" but I really don't know...

Asexual by definition has more to do with a lack of sexual attraction/sexual desires than a lack of attraction itself. You can be attracted to a person on a romantic level, but not a sexual level and still be asexual. So with you, I would say that you sound like you are homoromantic asexual.
A person who does not feel romantic attraction/desires, nor sexual attraction/desires is aromantic asexual like the OP seems to be.

Jojo

I'll take in consideration your point of view- 8O

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 3:36 am

When my sex drive is very low I sometimes think I am asexual. When it comes back I become hypersexual for a bit. After a while my sexuality starts to go back to normal.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 11:05 pm

Cesar wrote:
jojobean wrote:
Cesar wrote:
I think I'm "homoasexual" but I really don't know...

Asexual by definition has more to do with a lack of sexual attraction/sexual desires than a lack of attraction itself. You can be attracted to a person on a romantic level, but not a sexual level and still be asexual. So with you, I would say that you sound like you are homoromantic asexual.
A person who does not feel romantic attraction/desires, nor sexual attraction/desires is aromantic asexual like the OP seems to be.

Jojo

I'll take in consideration your point of view- 8O

Its not just my view, but what has been explained to me by AVEN (asexuality visibility and education network)
check out their site
http://www.asexuality.org/home/

Jojo

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
When my sex drive is very low I sometimes think I am asexual. When it comes back I become hypersexual for a bit. After a while my sexuality starts to go back to normal.

Do you have mood swings while this happens, like being depressed while feeling asexual, and hyperactive while hypersexual? If so, it sounds pretty characteristic of a cyclic mood disorder, such as bipolar disorder, which are also a common co-morbid of ASD's.

Jojo

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2012, 2:38 am

jojobean wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:

Do you have mood swings while this happens, like being depressed while feeling asexual, and hyperactive while hypersexual? If so, it sounds pretty characteristic of a cyclic mood disorder, such as bipolar disorder, which are also a common co-morbid of ASD's.

Jojo

I usually feel hyperactive because of my hyposensitivity to motion. When I feel asexual I do feel depressed and when I'm hypersexual I feel happier but a bit annoyed that I have urges to "take care of business" when it's not appropriate.