Genderqueer/Transgender Aspies/Auties, Help an Aspie Writer

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

aspiequeerchick
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2012, 8:53 am

Hey everybody!

I'm an aspie journalist member of the queer community, and I am writing a book that advocates for gender expression rights, especially for kids and teens. I'm finishing my book, and I realized it would be incomplete without talking to some people from the aspie/autie community.

When you were younger, did you just not "get" gender and therefore did you have to endure harassment? Did you have a therapist or educator who tried to teach you how to do gender? If you feel you are on the autism spectrum AND you are genderqueer, gender non-conforming, all genders, no gender, mixed gender, androgynous, "cross-dressing", etc., then I would LOVE to talk to you!

So anyway, if you are interested in helping me to prove to the world that binary gender is nonsense, you would be happy to be part of a published book (under a pseudonym of course) and you would like to do a BRIEF, INFORMAL interview by email, then please either reply below or PM me! :D Thanks.

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 9:17 am

I'm an FtM, who is most likely on the spectrum. I'd be willing to talk to you, although it has to be said that I have never been harassed for my gender expression, or anything like that.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 2:03 pm

I'm gay, but I have to admit, I don't know what genderqueer and gender non-conforming means.
@FalsettoTesla - what does FtM mean?

kittylover
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Aug 2012, 2:36 pm

I'm MTF with Asperger's Syndrome, but I didn't start expressing transgender feelings outwardly until my 20s. I might not be useful to you for that reason.

redrobin: "FTM"=female-to-male (transsexual). That also explains my "MTF" above.

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 3:31 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I'm gay, but I have to admit, I don't know what genderqueer and gender non-conforming means.
@FalsettoTesla - what does FtM mean?

Basically people who do not identify as wholly male or female may identify as gender queer. They may, or may not, be gender non-conforming (not following typical patterns of male/female behaviour and presentation).

sudowoodo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

I have Asperger's and present myself as female but consider myself more male. I would be more than happy to talk to you if you still require people to help.

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2012, 3:41 pm

I'm a genderqueer male, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 2:30 am

I've definitely got gender issues myself, and have something of an androgyny thing going on.

This is mostly AFTER I'd finished school, but looking back, there were signs even then, I think.

Certainly willing to help if I can.

Lottiotta
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2012, 5:28 pm

I think I have Asperger Syndrome, and I'm nonbinary. I'm currently talking to some NHS folk about it, it's all very interesting. :) Anyway, I know this is a few months late, but I'd be happy to answer emaily questions.