Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

meems
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 10:58 pm

Has anyone else ever had a straight girl who pretty obviously wants to satisfy some curiosity and you become the center of that...? I have a hard time explaining why it makes me uncomfortable but it does.

As well, lesbians who tell me I'm bi-curious at best simply because I've been with men. As if I'm seeking validation or as if I'm at all unsure of my greater preference for women... those girls pretty much make me want to scream into a pillow. It just feels like... ugh... who appointed these girls to the council of Who-is-Gay-Enough-for-The-Gay-Community. It's not like I'm trying to date them. But they seem to pop up in my life and provide their criticisms free of charge.

meh. Can anyone relate?

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 11:19 pm

These are pretty much the only straight girls I know. LOL. It doesn't make me uncomfortable, but it makes me frustrated, confused, sad and angry. I can never understand the point of it all.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 12:21 am

I don't have any straight girls wanting to satisfy their curiosity with me. Then, everyone assumes I'm straight, anyway. I have a male partner that I haven't had sex with in over a year. I am bisexual (prefer women), but that's not a totally valid identity in many people's eyes.

Heidi80
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2012, 6:44 am

That's happened to me a few times, usually when the straight girl is really drunk. I'ts really awkward, especially when last time it happened my partner was around.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 2:19 am

It would be nice if some otherwise straight girls wanted to test the waters with me, but I seem to have difficulty attracting any girls, gay or straight. I think I worry about my gaydar being off and offending a straight woman by hitting on her (I prefer being the one who pursues the relationship). There was a girl in junior high who was extremely attracted to me, but I didn't pursue a relationship with her because too many other things were going on in my life at the time.

I've never tried being a member of the gay community for exactly the reasons you described - show any attraction to men, or even experiment with them, and you lose your lesbian card. That's why even though I'm pretty sure that I'm a lesbian, I label myself as a bisexual with a preference for women because I do find some men to be very handsome (even though I don't actually want to have sex with them)...

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 7:53 am

unfortunately no women express interest in me, straight or otherwise. i do get lesbians telling me i am not bisexual and that it doesnt exist and that really, im just a straight girl wanting to experiment apparently. when i leave uni i will be straight and i shouldnt have to worry about my parents finding out i want women because i can always choose to marry a man and please them. monosexism just gives me the sh@#s.

Trekie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

VMSmith wrote:
unfortunately no women express interest in me, straight or otherwise. i do get lesbians telling me i am not bisexual and that it doesnt exist and that really, im just a straight girl wanting to experiment apparently. when i leave uni i will be straight and i shouldnt have to worry about my parents finding out i want women because i can always choose to marry a man and please them. monosexism just gives me the sh@#s.

I also had people tell me that I am not bisexual..just confused :evil: I say why choose if you can enjoy the best of both worlds?