What is your least favourite high school stereotype?

Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2008, 1:44 pm

My school doesn't really have those types of stereotypes, except maybe for the goody-goodies (who are actually nice and not as obnoxious as one may think) and the bitchy, gossipy girls. Everyone's pretty much f**ked-up in one way or another.

Therapeutic schools suck.

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 6:45 pm

petal wrote:
Its not that much of a big deal to me, but I dont like emos or (Actually, I really don't like emos) and in general all of the people who are up themselves.

Emos would be the next great alternative culture in the vein of the romantics, the Lost Generation, and the hippies if they only wrote better poetry lol.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2008, 10:03 pm

MissPickwickian wrote:
petal wrote:
Its not that much of a big deal to me, but I dont like emos or (Actually, I really don't like emos) and in general all of the people who are up themselves.

Emos would be the next great alternative culture in the vein of the romantics, the Lost Generation, and the hippies if they only wrote better poetry lol.

lol
They write pretty good songs though. I love lots of emo bands (especially TAI). XD
TAI = The Academy Is... = love in angsty band form
<3

MissPickwickian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 8:59 am

What's a chav?

Timelady
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2008, 9:58 am

MissPickwickian wrote:
What's a chav?

chav is the British equivalent of gangsta

svend_sved
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2008, 10:12 am

Pretenders. All the people who pretend to be somthin they really are not. oh how i despise them. also, people who tries to fit in (wich is about 85% of the people at my age), regardless of "group". why cant they just be themselves? why cant they just rid themselves of this sheep mentality that forces them to blindly follow a leader who has about the same IQ as that of the average wet brick?

Benji_million
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2008, 7:43 pm

I hate preps because they are uber jerks IMO

Timelady
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2008, 5:43 am

Benji_million wrote:
I hate preps because they are uber jerks IMO

I don't mind swots, but they can Know it all sometimes, I feel dumb

uno1997sis
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2008, 9:36 am

discrimination hurts as much as sterotyping i think. it sucks when someone asks if your a f*****g lesbian just because you have short hair. :evil: :wall:

rabbit90
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Apr 2008, 3:49 am

three quaters of my school are "art fags," so the choice would have to be art fags!

Definition "art fag"
a person who smokes, drinks $4 coffee and visits art museums and talks about the art expressing the descent and selling out of America to capitalists and other four syllable words but they are huge ass hypocrits cuz they are selling out too with their goddamn cigarettes and $5 lattes and banana republic peacoats. listen to Dead Milkmen's "you'll dance to anything"

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2008, 7:59 am

Here are the statistics for my school:

85% Prep and/or jock (I fall into this category)
5% Goth or Emo
5% Gangsta or Wannabe
5% Other (including the kid that dresses in business suits every day)

Anyway, at my current school, I'd have to say it's the goths that annoy me the most. When I started high school at another school, it was definitely the gangstas. There was a huge population of them!

SquishypuffDave
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2008, 6:34 am

It is the stereotypes that I dislike, not the individuals. Therefore I hate the emo stereotype the most, as it does the most damage to the individual. I never stereotype; I see people as individuals. However, if people act like these stereotypes exist, it creates a virtual environment in which it is as if these things do exist. Example: social hierarchy. A person can be thought highly of by one person and thought lowly of by another. Therefore the person can't have a fixed position in a social listing. But if everybody is persistent in following this rule, it would be as if they did. The good thing is, it only takes one anomoly to bring this system down; that is, if the individuals have the ability to think logically, which I think most people do.

VioletClementine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2008, 7:19 pm

rabbit90 wrote:
three quaters of my school are "art fags," so the choice would have to be art fags!

Definition "art fag"
a person who smokes, drinks $4 coffee and visits art museums and talks about the art expressing the descent and selling out of America to capitalists and other four syllable words but they are huge ass hypocrits cuz they are selling out too with their goddamn cigarettes and $5 lattes and banana republic peacoats. listen to Dead Milkmen's "you'll dance to anything"

Um. [Insert four-letter word here]. That's me.

Actually, I'm an Art minor (Creative Writing major) in college, so I guess I have kind of a right to be a so-called "art fag". Except for the peacoats. Revolting things, peacoats.

My college is very cliquey, I'd say that about 85 percent of the people are preps and gangster-wannabes. The brunette girls dye their hair blonde and the blonde girls dye their hair brunette, the guys have massive tattoos on their biceps and listen to thud-thud gangster rap. I despise them.

I think 5 percent of the people here are artsy kids--theatre-geeks, creative-writing students, as well as journalism and anthropology majors. They're all quite nice; most of my friends are from this category.

The last 10 percent are those who walk in between the preps and the artsy kids. Also known as preps who want to seem artsy (the girl who wears fake 0-gauge plugs in her 18-gauge ears, the kids who blare punk music out of their Audis or Mercedes as they drive around). I think I hate these kids the most, because they're so obviously preppy but they think that trying to be 'offbeat' will make them seem dangerous.

Oh, so wrong.

funkygirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2008, 5:55 am

CHAVS!! !! !! !! !! flippin stupid... can be funny sumtimes tho......... innit blud! lol :P

funkygirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2008, 6:00 am

plus its an insult that in america u call chavs gangsters lol