Signs that you are immature for your age

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 1:11 pm

Many of the "signs of immaturity" listed in this thread are actually just bizarre, meaningless rules inflicted upon us by society.

For example...

Playing video games is a hugely enjoyable pastime that greatly reduces my stress and anxiety levels but for some reason, adults who play video games are automatically branded as being immature.

Stop and think about how unrelated to maturity levels many of the things posted here are. In what way is enjoying the taste of chocolate milk a sign of immaturity?!

It seems that the general consensus is that the older a person is, the less enjoyable activities are considered socially acceptable for them to partake in!

I'll never understand this, nor will I adhere to these ridiculous rules that appear to have been created for the sole purpose of obliterating happiness from the human race. :roll:

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2012, 11:38 pm

Every day, I buy a candybar at a nearby drugstore, and then I walk home eating it. I am sure some people think that makes me immature, or even dumb.

Some people have made fun of me for looking in any street mirror I have found, so i don't do that anymore.

People like to create boundaries for themselves, obviously, and sometimes you have to be careful because they may assume you are either a criminal, or someone dumb enough to be taken advantage of.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2012, 8:30 am

1)Not highly into sex and can live without it

2) I love sweets and would rather eat them over healthy foods

3) I have hissy fits

4) I am passive and tend to let people control me and talk me into things

5) I still can't handle things in adult life

6) I like kid stuff and still like kid shows, even from my childhood

7) I play video games (really, lot of people like this and play them so I don't see it as immature)

8) Reads teen and kid books (I read adult ones too)

9) I feel teens are my peers and I feel I am at their level

10) I still get thoughts in my head about pissing people off when they make me mad and I fantasize about doing it. I even act on it sometimes

11) I yell and scream and slam doors when I am mad

12) I tend to think people are stupid if they don't listen to me or see things my way

13) I buy toys sometimes (But I don't want to open them because they have never been opened so it makes them special and worth more, I don't think buying them is immature anyway because some people do buy that stuff because they collect vintage stuff)

14) I really have to fight the urge to not call people stupid and other insults but I really really want to when I think they are being dumb and not listening to me

I am not sure what else would make me immature. My husband says I am like a kid in lot of ways. How I view the world, my attitude, things I say.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2023, 12:46 pm

here are mine
I'm 21 and I still live with my mom.
I still play video games
I fail university
I still like cartoons
I'm too lazy to work
I am afraid to drive a vehicle
I am irresponsible in many things
I have never had a love interest
etc.

[url=dailymotion.com/thesonicfan2002]my dailymotion[/url]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 12:56 pm

i have a fixation on things nobody else seems to get. i love wurlitzer theatrical pipe organs and their electronic emulations. i like high-frame-rate video and upconversions of low-frame-rate to high-frame-rate, my fellow videophiles derisively sneer at me for loving what they call "the soap opera effect." i think they are stoooopid for not seeing the obvious visual superiority of video fidelity what is high-frame-rate. i was my parents' caretaker and lived with them until my mid-40s when they both passed away. i could not afford to live in their house after their premature passing, so i had to sell it and move someplace i could afford to live [taxes and utilities] way out in the sticks among the smogberry trees, away from most civilization which i found did not appreciate my physical proximity. i hadda wait until my 50s to lose my v-card, and it was sub-optimal due to my advanced age and relative lack of youthful exuberance and physical endurance/capacity. i still relate to my fellow adults as somebody who is not really adult, and they all know it. pre-texting as an "adult" saps all my spoons quickly. having to do that in 2+ decades of toiling in a hostile work environment [the uncivil service] almost killed me, i had adrenal exhaustion that took me 5 years to partially recover from.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 1:51 pm

Makes me cry!

https://youtu.be/YHQaZblYxl4?feature=shared