Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 8:02 pm

I've noticed that a lot of people with Aspergers are considered by many NTs to be Antisocial because of their inability to make friends or lack of desire to make friends. Why do many NTs seem to think that means that they lack a conscience? I believe that their stereotypical views are harmful to Aspies and other socially inept people. The antipathy that many NTs give towards Aspies can cause them to change from being more Avoidant to being more Schizoid, and from being more Schizoid to being more Antisocial. People who are afraid of socialization can be led to completely despise humanity if they're treated badly.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 8:11 pm

Look up VHEMT on the web. It's the voluntary human extinction movement and I support it 1000%. Yes, I do prefer the company of animals and despise humanity for one simple reason. No animal has ever done to me, or even thought of doing to me, what humans have. I have learned to keep as far away from as many humans as possible.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 8:23 pm

AspieWolf wrote:
Look up VHEMT on the web. It's the voluntary human extinction movement and I support it 1000%. Yes, I do prefer the company of animals and despise humanity for one simple reason. No animal has ever done to me, or even thought of doing to me, what humans have. I have learned to keep as far away from as many humans as possible.

It sounds kind of impractical. The entire human race would never choose to stop breeding. Humans have impacted the animals and the environment on the planet very negatively by their existence though. I don't know if I'd want humans to go extinct, but I believe that I have more respect for animals than a lot of people do. I'm somewhere between Avoidant and Schizoid. I'm only 19 and have a long life ahead of me, so I could completely despise humanity by the end of my life and want it to go extinct.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

Two different definitions of "antisocial" have been used. One is simply not interacting socially, and the other is malevolence towards people. The former applies to us, but we are, for the most part, POLAR OPPOSITE of the latter even if we don't know HOW to be good. People use that same word in these two completely different ways...

AQ: 33

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 10:04 pm

Comp_Geek_573 wrote:
Two different definitions of "antisocial" have been used. One is simply not interacting socially, and the other is malevolence towards people. The former applies to us, but we are, for the most part, POLAR OPPOSITE of the latter even if we don't know HOW to be good. People use that same word in these two completely different ways...

I thought that was the difference between asocial and anti-social?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 10:20 pm

AspieWolf wrote:

Aww, I looked it up and I was hoping to find a tree-hugger mass suicide pact. :cry:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

slave
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2012, 7:06 pm

Mike1 wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of people with Aspergers are considered by many NTs to be Antisocial because of their inability to make friends or lack of desire to make friends. Why do many NTs seem to think that means that they lack a conscience? I believe that their stereotypical views are harmful to Aspies and other socially inept people. The antipathy that many NTs give towards Aspies can cause them to change from being more Avoidant to being more Schizoid, and from being more Schizoid to being more Antisocial. People who are afraid of socialization can be led to completely despise humanity if they're treated badly.

because they are ignorant of what we really are
some of us are very misanthropic because of this