Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 5:48 am

Sarah81 wrote:
YellowBanana wrote:

My psychiatrist still believes that psych hospital would be a bad environment for me, I have no idea if she's right or not. I don't want to be in hospital because the idea of it really scares me, but at the same time I don't trust myself not to try to hurt myself/kill myself again and if I were in hospital there might be less chance of that actually happening and my husband would be less worried (and thus less suffocating) because I would be somewhere "safe". I honestly don't know. .

I was terrified the first time I went to hospital. I curled up in the corner of my room with my arms wrapped around my knees, rocking back and forth. Then I took to shouting at the staff. That was because I was psychotic and paranoid at the time.

However, when I got used to the environment, and my medication kicked in, it did feel very safe. There is usually a strict routine and set of regulations, so find that out asap and you should be right. The thing that might worry you is the new patients coming in in a psychotic state - they can be quite unpredictable.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's irrelevant though because I'm not going. Apparently feeling safe is not something I'm entitled to.

Sarah81
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2012, 8:05 am

YellowBanana wrote:

Apparently feeling safe is not something I'm entitled to.

I'm sorry to hear that. I believe that everyone is entitled to feel safe. Keep fighting for your rights.