Page 126 of 154 [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 154  Next

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2018, 7:33 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

Now you've linked to TV Tropes, there go my plans for the rest of the night :D

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

13 Mar 2018, 1:58 pm

The contestants on The Bachelor don’t make any money for appearing on the show. Each woman in the competition has to provide TV-ready outfits for every episode and put her entire life on hold for 6 to 10 weeks. Some go into major debt, cash in their 401Ks, or re-mortgage their homes- but the Bachelor makes about $100K, and he doesn’t have to pay for the engagement ring.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 6:45 pm

equestriatola wrote:
The contestants on The Bachelor don’t make any money for appearing on the show. Each woman in the competition has to provide TV-ready outfits for every episode and put her entire life on hold for 6 to 10 weeks. Some go into major debt, cash in their 401Ks, or re-mortgage their homes- but the Bachelor makes about $100K, and he doesn’t have to pay for the engagement ring.

That show is evil

slave
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 12:36 am

equestriatola wrote:

...and the network makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

What do they care if these young women compromise their financial future to be on the show?

I have not, nor will I ever watch 1 min. of that show.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 12:02 pm

If an actual zombie outbreak were to happen in New York City, everyone would be ‘undead’ within 24 hours. However, researchers who estimated the zombie infection rate in America using the same method epidemiologists would for real diseases also found that people who live farther from big cities would have a whole month to prepare, with the safest place being the northern Rockies.

I can't believe that people actually researched this....

traven
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 1:33 am

baha'i activism, http://bahaiteachings.org/helen-keller- ... vist-bahai
feeding orphans for and with sect-ional humanism, masquerading as religion
diversity politics for foundation
:jester: :jester:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 12:47 pm

A few days late, but...

On April Fool’s Day, 1976, the BBC announced that Pluto would soon pass behind Jupiter and reduce Earth’s gravity, which would cause listeners to feel like they were floating if they jumped into the air at exactly 9:47am. It was meant as a joke, but hundreds of people called in claiming they’d felt the ‘Jovian-Plutonian gravitational effect’.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2018, 2:09 pm

^ :lol:
You reminded me of my favourite BBC April fools' (though from before my time in 1957) - a short documentary about a bumper crop of spaghetti from Switzerland's "spaghetti trees". You can see the original film on YouTube (3 minutes long.) This was only a few years after WWII rationing ended in the UK, and spaghetti was an "exotic delicacy" usually found only in cans with tomato sauce - they ended up fielding loads of letters and phone calls from plucky gardeners wanting to grow their own! :lol:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 1:45 am

you'd never know,

the Rousseau Institute (also known as Jean-Jacques Rousseau Institute or Academy of Geneva; French: Académie De Genève or Institut Jean-Jacques Rousseau) is a private school in Geneva, Switzerland. In 1912, Édouard Claparède created an institute to turn educational theory into a science. This new institution was given the name of Jean-Jacques Rousseau, to whom Claparède attributed the "Copernican reversal" of putting the child, rather than the teacher, at the centre of the educational process.

<i might vomit a bit> Connection with the International Bureau of Education (IBE)
In 1925, the governing board of the Rousseau Institute voted to establish the International Bureau of Education (IBE), which is now a category 1 institute of UNESCO. The governing board received a $5000 grant from the Rockefeller Foundation to found the IBE. Rousseau Institute director Pierre Bovet became the first director of the IBE,

looked up JJ Rousseau, blablabla, had 5 children with Levasseur in a unlegal marriage and he made her give them up to the found-children institute
and that's a "thoughtleader" in humanity and education;
Philosophy: Theory of Natural Human Stages of human development
Political theory Education and child rearing < yeah i see it's political

comically close to the Baha'i MO of feeding the orphans in change for cult-indoctrination
sarc/ can't we dream all, specially with taxexempt foundation-money to accomodate the world along the lines of the RockefellerUnescoRobsterscheme

no wonder decent people get nowhere

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

There are red bananas that taste sweet, creamy, and a little bit like raspberries.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2018, 9:31 am

All three of France's Olympic marathon champions were born outside of France. Michel Theato (Paris, 1900) was born in Luxembourg and Bourghera el Ouafi (Amsterdam, 1928) and Alain Mimoun (Melbourne, 1956), were from Algeria.

Kenneth McArthur, who competed for South Africa, was born in Ireland.

Frank Shorter (Munich, 1972), American marathoner, was born in Munich, Germany.

Hannes Kolehmainen, Finnish distance champion, moved to the United States and competed for the Irish-American Athletic Club.

No Olympic marathon champion achieved success at Boston before Joan Benoit-Samuelson.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2018, 12:41 pm

Jackie Chan dubbed the Beast’s lines in the Chinese translation of Disney’s animated classic Beauty and the Beast, and he sang all the songs in Mandarin.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 9:29 am

Orenburg, Russia, the birthplace of Denis Istomin, was in the news a few years ago when a scandal broke regarding the sexual dance known as "twerking." I bet Denis was embarrassed!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 11:20 am

Fremdschämen is the German word for when you feel incredibly embarrassed for someone who is too oblivious to realize they should be embarrassed for themselves.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 7:08 am

The Finnish word kalsarikännit is about to enter the Urban Dictionary of Modern English. Its meaning is something like,

Kalsarikännit: The feeling when you are going to get drunk home alone in your underwear, with no intention of going out.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 7:12 am

When Cleopatra first saw the pyramids of Egypt, they were already 3,000 years old.