Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

Fairly straightforward question. When you are having a manic/hypomanic episode, do you find that either you notice fewer AS issues/traits, or that you are able to overcome them more easily?

I have been noticing these differences when manic: I stim more (like you'd expect); but I find it easier to start and concentrate on projects, much easier to talk to people I don't know well, easier to break out of comfortable routines, and that sensory overload is less of a problem. Just wondering if this is something that happens to others.

"And there are days when I would be away . . . Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain." -Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 2:25 pm

I may have less inhibition, but it doesn't improve my social skills.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Sep 2012, 4:32 pm

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
much easier to talk to people I don't know well, easier to break out of comfortable routines

This is true for me while manic. Not your other points, though. I get even more sensitive to my surroundings and become irritable and hostile as a result. So while I may feel more comfortable talking to other people and more likely to do something spontaneous, I'm also likely to cuss those people out and do something dangerous. I'm a mean manic. :(