Minimal viewing 53%  53%  [ 43 ]
Average viewing 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Above average viewing 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 81

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

I used to watch TV a lot when I was a kid, but now, I use the computer for electronic stimulation.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 6:22 pm

I leave the tv on for background noise. tv nowadays sucks its all reruns

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 6:41 pm

I have a TV, but it's only used for gaming, which is my main hobby.

And even then, I use the PC for that 95% of the time; the consoles dont get much use. So the TV just sits there, being generally useless most of the time.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2012, 8:06 pm

I can't go a day without watching TV its my comfort for when I have anxiety attacks. I also have the TV going at night sometimes just listening to peoples voices on TV settles me down and relax so I can sleep all night. I own two TVs and I also watch movies and TV series such as The walking dead on the computer I play the xbox and ps2 on TV.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 9:28 pm

My TV is always on except when I am at work. I am not always watching it, but I have it on as background noise. It helps me to deal with being alone a little better as it is rare anybody ever visits me at my house.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 11:11 pm

I have a television but I don't have it hooked up for cable or broadcast channels. I use it for video games and occasionally movies. Disconnected the cable years ago when I realize 1) I only watched the movie channel and 2) cable company won't let me get just the movie channel. So to hell with them.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

04 Oct 2012, 11:12 pm

I watch about the normal amount; not as much as I used to from 1998-2003, however.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

mrspotatohead
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2012, 11:34 pm

I'm a lot like OddDuckNash. I watch a lot of educational shows, but I also watch teen shows like Degrassi. I mainly watch the teen shows because, to me, they are educational. They tend to break down social interactions into more basic parts than adult shows do. Strangely enough, watching the characters figure out the meanings of social interactions helps me figure them out as well. Plus, the cameras zero in on their facial expressions, and that helps me understand facial expressions without creeping people out in the real world by staring at them constantly. I sorta wish I would have watched more mainstream TV rather than Animal Planet all the time when I was younger--things could have been very different.
I also watch an occasional reality show like The Bachelor for the same sort of reason--the people in it actual sit down and explain all of the feelings they are having and why they are doing what they are doing.

chiastic_slide
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2012, 12:54 am

No TV here. I much prefer to read, make music, study, play 3ds. I generally find most TV programmes annoying and boring anyway. I occasionally get harrassed by TV licencing agency who don't believe this is possible and basically treat people without tvs as guilty until proven innocent.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 5:04 am

I don't have a TV but I used to have one. I don't have a cable subscription since about one and a half years ago. I watched news, National Geographic, Animal Planet, Cartoon Network, you get the point. I'm fine without it, as others mentioned, what I need I can find on the internet. Sometimes I'd watch TV though when I'm at my parent's. Commercials (sound and visual effects), reality shows, stupid TV shows (effects, strange camera movements, lack of meaningful story) drive me crazy.

ravenloft68
Raven
Raven

05 Oct 2012, 6:55 am

I dont have one right now where I live. Previously, I would watch Science Channel, History,Discovery etc.
I always been fascinated with astronomy, aircraft, "Modern Marvels", "Engineerig Disasters", documentarys like "Food, Inc" etc. I just HATE Vulgar, (Fake Reality) shows "Jersey Shore", "Real Houswives", "Jerry Springer", Court Shows etc.. Also, The Day-time TV commercials advertising Lawyers, Low-grade colleges, Bail-Bonds, all makes me want to Barf!!

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 8:21 am

I put myself as minimal viewing. I don't own a television and haven't for years by choice. I got rid of the TV set when I had occasion to unplug the set once, and the noise level in the house dropped noticeably and so did my stress level. I had already known that the tube made this buzzing sound that I could hear even when it was off, but I hadn't realized how much it bothered me until it was gone. I got rid of it and haven't owned one since. I do have a laptop, however, and when I'm in the mood -- usually while I'm doing something else like knitting or housework -- I will put in a DVD or log onto a website with videos, like Hulu or CBS.com.

That said, I prefer shows that are either plot driven with few or no long story arcs -- monster of the week things -- or documentary programs. I loathe reality TV and most sitcoms these days leave me cold. When it comes to comedy, I prefer dry to obvious, unless the comedian/ comedienne is a true master, which the vast majority are not.

Saralicia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2012, 1:57 pm

I don't own a television. I'll occasionally watch DVDs but I tend to steer clear from television. I lived with a family who had a tv my first year of college. They kept it running constantly which aggravated me to no end. They even left it on when they left the house "so the dogs could watch". If I was there alone I would turn it off. I liked NCIS and Star Trek but very little else. Like others have said it is simpler to find interesting things online.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 3:34 pm

I'm a minimal viewer of constructive, intelligent, artistic, or harmless stuff.

I'm fairly quiet by nature. When people hear me talking, I'm assumed to be watching the other kind of TV. :bounce:

If I was invested in that thing, I would use the kind of services, which help to avoid shrill commercials.

(Batteries to the remote have not been recharged for two weeks, and that feels fine by me.)