Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 12:56 pm

...and I must say I can finally justify my distaste for turning pages in books/journals through finger-licking! (Don't know if there's a technical name for that... I know that sounds awkward.)

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:46 pm

The movie is great, but the book is far better. The movie doesn't really have the time to go into the background necessary to get a basic understanding of the real situation at the time.

When I read the book, I kept a really good dictionary at hand and a couple of comprehensive history books about that period in time.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 2:51 pm

I thought it was a toxin which absorbs through skin with no need for finger licking, I know that there are some books which are toxic. I have read that Marie Curie's and Rutherford's notebooks are crawling with so much radium that they can not be handled without special precautions.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.