anyone else hate changing out of their clothes

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

Sanctus wrote:
Yes. That's why shopping for clothes was always a total horror for me. In, out, in, out of the clothes. With everything I had to try on I got more and more agressive. As a consequence I often picked something very quickly in order to be finished, even if I didn't completely like it.

same here.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:26 am

I dont like wearing the same underwear and shirt multiple days in a row but I like wearing the same jeans for multiple days.

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Mar 2020, 8:03 pm

In school I didn't like getting undressed with other kids (in gym class or for a group physical exam). I'm past that in adulthood.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 10:10 pm

Not really...when I go to work and then get home, I am actually looking forward to taking off the clothes I wore to work and putting on something more comfortable. I may keep the same shirt on, but I always like to change into some comfy pants when I get home.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2020, 9:55 am

Dressing for gym class was a major source of anxiety for me. Fortunately, I can dress at home in my workout clothes before going to tennis. (That activity is on hold right now.)

For the last few years, I changed clothes as many as three or four times a day. That might be a bit much, but it showed me I had a life and places to go. I miss it.

zenaspie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Apr 2020, 6:48 am

Same especially when I feel depressed

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 7:24 am

When I was 35 years old, sometimes when changed pants, appeared to trigger eczema flare up

Itchy like scabies

Before 35, I didn't particularly like to change clothes and would rather stick to a couple of outfits total

But precious lil "people" just keep commenting

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 7:56 am

I like to wear clean underwear and top every day - jeans last about 5 days depending on the weather and what I'm doing.

I have a limited (and repetitive Im told) wardrobe. When I find a kind of style of clothing I like I tend not to deviate from it. For example I have worn Levi 501 jeans for the past 35 years and never buy another brand. I will only wear plain T shirts - never anything with a slogan, picture or brand on it.

I have different sets of clothing for different purposes. Work clothes, casual clothes and specific ones for doing messy jobs or gardening. These are kept strictly segregated and never mixed and matched. When I get home from work I have to change or I still feel like I am at work. If I wore my casual clothes to work I would not feel that I was at work. The odd time that I have popped into work on a non working day and not dressed accordingly I have found disorientating and strange.

Wearing brand new clothing is something of an issue to me. I cant wear it straight away, it needs to hang in the wardrobe for a period of time while I prepare myself. This can take months. Once I do wear it then I get rid of the oldest version of that particular item. To accumulate clothing would be distressing to me.

This way of managing clothing alleviates the stress of having to think about what to wear which I consider an irritating waste of time.

One final observation - the concept of people wearing outlandish or floridly patterned / coloured clothing in order to express their quirkiness, individuality or to make some kind of 'statement' I find completely alien. It makes no sense at all to me.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 10:55 am

Mostly I don't like the time involved in getting dressed for winter or other special situations, and the weight and bulk even indoors. I was pretty unhappy when fashions changed, and I couldn't stash a bike U-lock in my pants pockets.

armandreyes

16 Apr 2020, 5:41 pm

yeah, me too

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2020, 12:23 am

I just like wearing the same type of clothes, right now I have quite a bit of wardrobe. I have the same 8-9 different tracksuits and I totally like mixing and matching different colours I have.

Here's my video to show you all my Sunday best that I have in my wardrobe.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 12:07 pm

I'm not a fan of changing clothes so I like to get dressed as quickly as possible and I'm definitely not a fan of being without clothes. I hate thinking about what to wear and I always try to keep it simple. A good portion of my wardrobe is made up of clothes that look very similar to help me not have to think about clothes. I make sure to always wear clean stuff (something I'll admit I didn't always do in junior high and high school, unfortunately).

My Tumblr

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 12:32 pm

I once worked in maintenance, and was given green pants and shirts to wear. I saw no reason to change when I was going elsewhere. Then, for Halloween, I borrowed blue jeans and a checked shirt to start a cowboy costume, and that was enough that my friends didn't recognize me.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 10:04 pm

I don't like changing clothes, it's too mundane. So I nearly always piggyback the operation onto taking a bath or going to bed and getting up the next day - I wouldn't normally want to waste my time switching to different clothes if what I'm already wearing will do the job. I try to stay physically cool enough so I don't get my clothes sweaty too quickly, because that could necessitate the bother of washing and changing in the daytime, as well as more clothes to wash and dry. I don't even remove the tags from my t-shirts (though they sometimes irritate) because they help me to avoid putting them on back to front or inside out, and then I'd have to remove them and put them on right. Even picking up my trousers annoys me because I have to be careful with that so my possessions don't fall out of the pockets - I usually notice but I don't want to have to retrieve them.

I might make an exception if I'm performing music and the idea of wearing something a bit more interesting happens to fire my interest, though I don't much bother with doing that either - but when I do, I don't usually notice the bother because I'm focussed on the prospect of the result enhancing how well my performance goes down, which is a thing that matters a lot to me.

I'll probably put on a hat if I go outside for very long when it's hot or when there are a lot of flying insects around, just for protection, and I don't mind that, as it's pretty simple, and I don't much mind putting on a coat to go out if it's cold weather. I get bored changing into my boots (and back again into carpet slippers), but it's practical to do that, the result is better comfort, so do it, but I wish I didn't have to.