Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2013, 4:59 am

I don't really write a lot of fanfiction these days as I prefer other forms of writing, but I do read a lot...especially in class. Famously, I was once reading a JohnLock (shipping of John and Sherlock) fanfic in physics class, and my teacher suddenly noticed I was busy on my laptop as opposed to doing work. So he asked what I was doing, and without considering lying, I just replied "fanfic" and things got a bit awkward.

Aboriginal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2013, 1:37 am

I have been reading twilight fanfiction for the past five years. It's become an obsession, literally...

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2013, 1:29 pm

I don't do fanfiction.

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2013, 1:29 pm

I don't do fanfiction.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 5:39 am

I'm quite a fan of fanfiction. One good thing about this hobby is that it can get you interested in the story's source material if you're reading a crossover between a program you know and a program you don't know. I once read a crossover between Danny Phantom and Fillmore!; as a "phan" who never heard of Fillmore!, I found online uploads of the 70's-esque cop show parody, and not only did I become hooked, but I soon realized that the show was better than the fanfic I was reading.

This also happened to me when I was reading this mega-crossover about cartoon characters that survived the apocalypse and teamed up to apprehend the villain of the story. One of the characters was Betty Barrett from Atomic Betty, a cartoon that rubbed me the wrong way for looking too simple and dull, but I decided to give it another try. I went online to see the first two seasons and a few episodes from season 3, and I started to enjoy the cartoon for what it was: a Canadian magical girl show IN SPACE!! ! I think it's funny that the show's idealistic tone contrasted with the dark themes of the fanfic. Granted, Betty herself seemed pretty optimistic...until the last few chapters.

I've noticed that in some circles, there will be crossovers between specific shows, even if the actual plots vary from story to story. There's been this "Secret Trio" fad for a while where writers made stories about Danny from Danny Phantom, Jake from American Dragon: Jake Long, and Randy from Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. I've seen the first two shows, but I want to learn more about Randy's show once I have more personal time. I also want to watch Ranma 1/2 now that I've read some of its crossovers with Sailor Moon. So, has anyone else become interested in a work of fiction after reading a fanfic about it?

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2013, 9:45 pm

I both read and write. (Not entirely sure if I'm good or not.) Though, it seems I have an off-on switch when it comes to wanting to work on a story. (For days I'm working on it, for months it's left alone. :oops:)

Raspberry
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2014, 12:05 am

I've been on an Elsanna binge for the past two days. I'm both a fanfic writer and a fanfic reader, though I read way more than I write. Same goes for my original stories I guess..

RedStar98
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2014, 10:36 am

I do read quite a bit of Hetalia fanfiction in my spare time

Fortenium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jan 2014, 3:34 am

LOL my best friend and I found the best fanfiction ever. The fanfiction is a crossover of Captain Planet and Mythbusters. Everyone remains in character and there's no *ahem* scene not appropriate for children under the age of 12. It's really funny. We read it over and over and it still is funny. xD
Otherwise, I rarely search any fanfiction, but every so frequently I'll be pointed to a humourous fanfiction that usually involves things like Sonic and World War 2 or something.

Chazzer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm

I like Star Wars alternate universe fan fiction. I also read simpsons and South Park from time to time

dragonzatch
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Feb 2014, 5:17 pm

I write and read fanfiction.

http://fanfiction.net/~dragonzatch

Xero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2014, 12:57 am

yes

Maywynn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm

Yeah. I'm on ArchiveOfOurOwn as Maywynn and Tumblr as lylaofthestorm.tumblr.com.
I will read anything for a good story. As the moment I like Hockey RPF, Suits, NCIS (Gibbs/Tony, okay), Person of Interest, Lewis, Firefly, The Mentalist, Master and Commander, Avengers, Doctor Who, Hawaii Five-O, Luther, Suits, Narnia, etc.. I could go on.
Curiously, although I watch Sherlock and enjoy looking at the fanart and reading funny drabbles/crack people write, I've never really gotten into it.
P.S. Does anyone want an AO3 invite? I think I might be able to get some more. Please PM me if you do.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 6:40 am

Use to read and write fanfiction, but gave it up and decided to make my own original stories and read original stories. But fanfics are still alright from time to time. When it is fanfics it is Total Drama, Star Wars, or Halo fanfic.

Anyone here like to make there own original stories and characters more?

FeralRobot
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2014, 1:16 pm

Read some Star Trek and Sherlock fanfiction sometimes, mainly because I am a fan of both :D

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 3:09 pm

I write fanfiction about Ao no Exorcist since last year July. I already got 28 chapters (about 100 standard word pages) and still writing, planning about 40 chapters, publishing them every 2 weeks on my blog.

EQ 91