Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 6:07 pm

ok, heres how its gonna work, first you name a Tourny game, (round, teams, location, men or womens), then you name who you think is gonna win and why.

I'll start things off.
Round one, womens bracket:
WCU Vs. UT
I gotta go for Carolina in this, I know that they are gonna lose but don't care, there my team and I'm sticking with them.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 7:07 pm

Here's my longshot prediction: Men's division, Villanova to the final four. Reason: This team has a history of closing the season strong. If Villanova is on your schedule, you want it to be early. Plus they lost to BC by one, then knocked off undefeated Kansas, then beat BC twice! Watch Villanova. 8)

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2005, 8:07 pm

I wanna see illinois lose horribly, but thats just my opinion.

codeman38
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2005, 12:15 am

I don't really follow basketball that much, but I wonder if there will be any good player names to get echolalic on this year. I remember that last year I kept saying Okafor, Okafor, Okafor over and over to myself just because it's such a fun name to say. :lol:

Come to think of it, "Schenscher" is pretty fun to say.

(And now back to your regularly scheduled thread...)

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2005, 4:05 pm

My Final Four: Illinois, Wake Forest, UNC, Syracuse

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2005, 8:00 pm

Sorry man, but I doubt that Illinois will make it, (and btw, are you just agreeing with Andy Katz?) and I guarantee that they would not have been undefeated for that long if they were in the ACC or the SEC.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2005, 5:45 pm

My hometown team plays tonight against Oklahoma State but I just don't care who wins. These guys aren't student-athletes, most of them. Their only relationship to the campus is as a playground when they aren't on the court. Gotta have some buildings to rifle or coeds to date-rape after a bad game.

I remember going to class with Rudy Tomjonavitch at Michigan, who was a first team All-American while taking as many hours as the rest of his class. Same went for others back then, no matter how good they were in their sports. Mark Spitz: another good example but heck, the wimp only took home seven golds in 1972.

Most of the Arizona players are with us only as long as they have to be. And god only knows what they take as far as classes.

Sorry, but I would rather watch a tape of my old college heroes, Kareem, Jerry West, The Big "O", John Havlicek, Larry Bird etc. if I had them to play. They came out of school smarter and played a lot better, too.

Modern "players" wouldn't know a fundamental (like having enough common sense to pass through a press rather than dribble) if you whacked them over the head with it. Not to mention the inability to spell complex words like "team."

No matter. AZ will not be in the final four. I hope Duke makes it. It is one of the few schools left with authentic student-athletes. But as for who wins it all, I care not. Far too many of these stars have the talent to make up for their bigness on court by acting small off it.

But gee, if the Lakers could only play defense on court like they did in a Denver courtroom.....

Jerry Newport

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2005, 5:49 am

I said Arizona would not be in the final four but I did not think they would come back from a two point deficit at halftime to a fifteen point lead with less than four minutes to go and blow it, losing by one in overtime.

My Cockatoo, Shayna, knows my moods. Once the game was over, she looked at me from my right shoulder and said, "s**t!"

I pick Michigan State to win it all. I am not impressed with Illinois. They were lucky to beat a team that has no discipline but tons of talent; a typical Lute Olson team. But MSU is better coached and very athletic. The Illini, like most Duke teams, are more workmanlike than wondrous.

Jerry Newport

ed
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2005, 6:16 pm

My pick for final-fourdom, Villanova, lost to North Carolina by one point. I thought they did well for themselves in the tournament.

Since I went to Michigan State (twice, both unsuccessful) they are the team I want to win. But this final four is strong...

Anxiled
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2005, 6:22 pm

THe only FInal FOur pick I actually made an effort to pick was West Virginia. I didn't pay attnetion to the rest of the brackets except for Pitt.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2005, 7:32 pm

Lets go louisville
AK

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2005, 2:51 pm

one of my teams lost in the 1st round to my other team. At least UNC is still alive in the mens, and I gotta go 4 the Lady Vols

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Apr 2005, 5:20 pm

I was stuck at the Chicago airport Saturday afternoon and wanted to watch the two semi-final games but all of the airport TVs stimmed on the Pope.

Jerry Newport

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2005, 4:13 am

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
one of my teams lost in the 1st round to my other team. At least UNC is still alive in the mens, and I gotta go 4 the Lady Vols

Well, you picked UNC right!!

Jerry

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 7:35 am

Gotta love my Tarheals mate, I would've loved it to be in the final round, UNC vs UNC State, god, talk about riots!! ! Hence the Carolina chant: Duke is puke, Wake is fake, but the one I really hate is NC State. I am Carolina born and raised, and even though my blood runs Purple and Gold for Western Carolina Universty, my beutiful sky is CAROLINA BLUE!! !! !

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 8:51 am

hey, i kinda like wake. Notre Dame fan forever but wake is cool too.
A