My odd discovery-has anyone else experienced this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

frostbite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2012, 5:24 pm

Hi guy and gals and everything in between (I hope this is not offensive to anyone, if so I am sorry). I currently identify as Bisexual, but that could change when I finally get some 'experience'. I used to be in denial and pursue only girls. I always thought I was non attractive because girls never showed much interest. About two months ago I stopped being in denial and decided to pursue men for a while. So I put myself out there and now I keep getting responses from gay men who say they think I am awesome and attractive. I just think it is weird that I am so popular among gay men but not women. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this happen?

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

Women have rarely been interested in me, but I always get a lot of attention from men... Good thing I don't like women! :wink:

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 5:59 pm

It'd be easy to jump to the whole "men are easier" or "men are more sex driven" stereotypes. But it might just be you have a body or personality type that men are more drawn to.

cmoonbeam1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2012, 10:21 pm

I consider myself to be queer. I don't understand or fit into gender norms. I am a woman who is attracted to men... but I get a lot of attention from gay women. At least as much as from men.

madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2012, 11:04 am

In my experience, guys are a lot more starved for attention than women :)

Also, if you appear to be slightly effeminate (right spelling?) gay men might find it attractive, while women will (or are prone to) find it off-putting.

davebehave
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2012, 2:52 pm

I've been seduced by both men and women, men are so much easier to pick up - believe me..

frostbite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2012, 3:01 pm

The thing is I am not that effeminate. All my friends assumed I was straight as a board. I am only slightly metrosexual. Not that I'm complaining. All this extra attention has given me a much needed confidence boost XD

davebehave
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2012, 3:14 pm

Dude, there are men you would not think were gay and are not effeminite at all and are VERY Gay!!

I'm just a greedy bi-gendered bi-sexual

madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2012, 3:18 pm

I've always thought that effeminate gay people are just playing a role, forcing themself to be something they're not just because if a norm...

Then again that might be ignorant bullsh*t on my part...

davebehave
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2012, 3:43 pm

Some may be pretending, but really interally they are female which is my explaination - a female in a male body

madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2012, 3:54 pm

Wouldn't that make them trans?

I can feel female too sometimes but...many gay men are exaggerating I think. Not even women act "that" girly ^^

davebehave
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2012, 4:14 pm

i knew a femme gay male, he shaved his whole body he told me, and was very thin for his age and preferred masculine males..

So is he trans? Or just preferring to stay in a male body. Who knows!

frostbite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

I don't think it is ever that simple. For example, some guys are very flamboyant, but they still only prefer women. Some guys can be the very masculine cabin building, bear wrestling, chop down the forest type and be attracted to equally masculine men. Most people are somewhere in between. Your gender identity and your sexual preferences do not influence each other like most people would think. In my case, I am perfectly happy as a non effeminate male. I also am not attracted to overly effeminate men or women. My attraction to more masculine types doesn't mean I feel like a women, or ever want to be one.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

I suspect that some of the answer lies in how we are socialized in many of our cultures.

Male and female sexual behaviours are generally characterized by more active attempts to establish potential sexual relationship on the part of men; and more selective behaviour in response by women. That's not to say that there are not shy guys, and women "putting it out there," but the large stereotype has some grounding in truth.

So what's a shy, straight guy to do? Wait for woman to make the first move? Meanwhile the shy, gay guy? He won't be waiting nearly so long for another man to make the first move.

So I suspect that this has much more to do with your shy, reserved nature than it does with whether or not you are attractive to men or women. You are attractive to some women, and you are attractive to some men; and you are not attractive to others, of both sexes. But in this culture, men are more likely than women to let you know.

specimen001
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Dec 2012, 7:17 am

I have a suspicion that you are just as attractive to girls as you are to guys. Maybe you're just not noticing the generally subtle signals a female makes when they're trying to let you know they're interested. Guys on the other had tend to be about as subtle as a brick thrown though your window! Guys tend to be far more obvious when they're attempting to take you home!
Not all guys and girls behave this way of course, but it seems generally accurate to me.

operationpaperclip
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2012, 8:50 am

Nope, everyone seems to find me attractive. Even the occasional lesbian.