Less wrong planet, more different plane / wavelength

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

queerpuppy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2005, 1:59 pm

Hi there

After much deliberation I've come to the conclusion I'm probably not an aspie. (Any AS-like traits I have are fairly mild, only getting worse if I'm depressed / under stress)

However, whilst I definately feel a degree of being on the wrong planet, I feel more like I'm operating on a totally different wavelength to everybody else. Or maybe I'm existing on a plane that's slightly out of kilter to the one most people are on.

Does this ring true for anyone else?

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2005, 2:29 pm

Quote:
I feel more like I'm operating on a totally different wavelength to everybody else.

I have described it in exactly the same way.

It is like I am operating on a wavelength that is just above or just below everyone else's, and it they only intermittently overlap.

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2005, 3:10 pm

queerpuppy wrote:
Hi there
Any AS-like traits I have are fairly mild, only getting worse if I'm depressed / under stress

Me too. Everybody around me is right when they say I'm weird. I'm probably just weird.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2005, 4:54 pm

Yes, that is exactly how I feel about it, too!

ed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2005, 6:18 pm

Long before I ever heard of AS, I felt like I had been placed on the wrong planet. The name rings absolutely true to me. :lol:

codeman38
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2005, 7:43 pm

Wrong planet, wrong wavelength... I've had both of those feelings.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2005, 7:59 pm

Both 'wrong planet' and 'wrong wavelength' apply to me.

JayShaw
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2005, 9:15 pm

Both of the expressions seem like metaphors for a general feeling of alienation, as far as I'm concerned.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2005, 9:17 pm

The only way I have been about to word how I feel is to say I seem to be living in a parralel existance that is slightly out of wack to the one that my physical being is existing in. I don't know that this gives it clear wording though.

Here's an example though it is only rarely this extreme:- My daughter was sweeping leaves and she swept the pile over my feet. I started to tell her off, but realized that she had not at all and was still sweeping properly. I stopped telling her off before she knew what I was going to reprimand her for. So we joked with each other for a bit...then...she swept the pile of leaves all over my feet! Just as I had 'seen' her doing minutes before. When things like this happen, I just don't get it!

Its like some peice of the future had jumped ahead of itself or something.

ElfMan

queerpuppy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2005, 2:16 am

Quote:
Its like some peice of the future had jumped ahead of itself or something.

A while ago there was a theory that deja vu was a result of one half of the brain processing information at a slightly faster rate than the other half, and deja vu occurred as a result of this. Don't know if that's true, but maybe it's worth doing some research into.

It'd make sense if you see something happen, but your brain doesn't process it in time, then your brain lets you "see" it after it's happened, by which time some other info has been processed, so it's all out of synch.

Or you could have premonitions.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2005, 4:23 am

queerpuppy wrote:
It'd make sense if you see something happen, but your brain doesn't process it in time, then your brain lets you "see" it after it's happened, by which time some other info has been processed, so it's all out of synch.

Or you could have premonitions.

This is actually how my brain works mostly, with that out of sync thing happening too slowly. I wonder if this is what attributes to the feelings of being 'on the wrong planet'. I have had a feeling of not being connected to people for as long as I can remember. Even with my parents I have never had that natural bond that I watch in others and am fascinated by. As a baby I would push away from people when they held me.

I often feel left behind with a lot of things socially and need to 'rush' to catch up (but never actually do :lol: ). So this is why I feel like I feel out of sync with the world around me. I do feel alienated a bit, but that has come with age and adult responsibilities and the expectations of me to find certain things obvious and simple.

At 33 I annoy the heck out of people asking why questions all the time. :P

ElfMan